I had to share this view

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,842 Senior Member
This is from (near) the top of Huckleberry Mountain. No elk, but we saw two bull moose fighting. Very cool.

view_zpsd448fcb6.jpg
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,018 Senior Member
    :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,212 Senior Member
    Beautiful...I miss that country so much....lovely to look at and gnarly as hell to move around in....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    Wow
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,884 Senior Member
    Pretty!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    Well this confirms that there are advantages to living down here on this Texas Gulf Coast. We don't have to worry about all those old high mountains and trees getting in the way of our view.... Say WHAT???:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,032 Senior Member
    A good walk and two bull moose fighting is a good day. Did you do the practice stalk up on them?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,842 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    A good walk and two bull moose fighting is a good day. Did you do the practice stalk up on them?

No, we just watched them for a while. This evening we saw a bull chasing a cow with a calf. I haven't seen this many moose in a few years.

Ayn Rand
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    What rifles did ya'll choose for this hunt?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    :yousuck:
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,842 Senior Member
    What rifles did ya'll choose for this hunt?

I was carrying my old M70 30-06 and my buddy was carrying a 700 in 7mm SAUM.

Ayn Rand
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    I reckon either one of those should work just fine
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,290 Senior Member
    Beautiful country. Some of my most awesome Colorado wildlife encounters were with moose. They are a most imposing presence particularly when it is you, a couple of moose and a few very small trees in between.
    Kind of funny though, of the various moose encounters I had, the bulls never really seemed to care I was there. The cows, on the other hand always had an ornery disposition and made it clear you should leave the area immediately.

Sako
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,212 Senior Member
    Many years ago I was fishing Black's Fork of the Green River and was treed by a cow moose....interesting experience....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    Gorgeous country.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,737 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Many years ago I was fishing Black's Fork of the Green River and was treed by a cow moose....interesting experience....

Next time, just show her your underwear..............or maybe you did?...............and maybe she was chasing you with amorous intent.........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....