Albino deer killed by 11-year-old in Michigan

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,544 Senior Member
I'd give my left testicle for this buck.

It's a shame that people are whining about the color of the deer. Damned racists!

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/outposts/post/rare-albino-deer-bagged-11-year-old/
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Idiots.............leave the kid alone......damn treehugginwhalepetters
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,717 Senior Member
    Nice buck regardless of its fur color.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,697 Senior Member
    I shot this white Fallow Doe while in the forest during the balloted hunting season........................with my camera.........

TAKH2014signsday066_zps74d26602.jpg

Its the only one out of the whole herd.......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    An albino animal, (birds also) regardless of species, usually will not survive very long in the wild. Poor eyesight is almost a given, and these animals seem to stand out to natural predators. But, common sense doesn't prevail in situations like this, and the ways of Nature are simply never understood.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,825 Senior Member
    The Michigan DNR put out some information regarding this...basically telling folks to get off the kids back. Up until 2008 it had been illegal to shoot an albino deer in MI...but the law changed when someone realized that white deer are genetic aberrations they would rather have removed from the herd and not some sacred, mystical beast that pal around with unicorns and fart rainbows.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    I am sure it will eat well. How many 11 year olds can say they shot a 12 point, let alone an albino? Good for him.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,685 Senior Member
    The young man should be congratulated, not chastised. He did nothing wrong and harvested a legal buck in a legal manner. All white deer are protected, here in Tennessee, but if it were legal, I would not hesitate to harvest one. Keep yer powder dry........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,244 Senior Member
    That the State of Tennessee bowed down to the idiots that wanted albinos protected is amazing to me. Dumbest thing ever, genetic anomaly protected like it is a rare creature. Drives me nuts.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,017 Senior Member
    An albino animal, (birds also) regardless of species, usually will not survive very long in the wild. Poor eyesight is almost a given, and these animals seem to stand out to natural predators. But, common sense doesn't prevail in situations like this, and the ways of Nature are simply never understood.
    That deer would probably still be alive, had there been snow on the ground. I bet Cabela's will offer the kid mucho dinero for the deer.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Hey, I bet that was at least three firsts for this kid that most of us adults will never experience. First it was a 12 point. i've never killed a 12 point and of all the hunters I know, many with many years experience, only about two of these have killed a 12 point anything. Secondly he did it with a cross bow. I don't even hunt with a cross bow because I'm afraid of failure. Well more power to you Gavin! And thirdly, he killed an albino, something that probably 98% of us will never accomplish. So what's not to love? Hey you bunch of Bunny Hugging idiots, get of the kids BACK! Before I shoot you with my Rubber Band Gun.

:usa: :usa: :usa:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    :up: Good job, kid!