The "Houston Lesbian Mayor" thread

conchokidconchokid AdministratorPosts: 508 Senior Member
Thanks to Jayhawker for killing this thread, which went off topic and led to some serious examples of gay bashing.

A reminder that the rules for the Politics section of the forum say this:

"Subjects like abortion and homosexuality sometimes relate to public policy but should be discussed with great care. It’s OK to express your personal beliefs but gay bashing, like racial slurs, will not be tolerated."

For those who haven't read them lately, here are the rules.

CONTENT RULES

These forums are here to provide members with a place to discuss matters relating to firearms, including their experiences with various products, the posting of questions and answers, and personal opinions on gun-related topics. There are forums for general firearm topics, personal defense and hunting. In addition, there is a forum dedicated to politics and Clubhouse, which is open for all subjects. Members should place their posts in the appropriate thread and forum.

A lively discussion is welcome here but there are a few rules we ask members to follow.

Spam will not be tolerated. Forum members are allowed to personally endorse products but only if you are not associated with the product or its manufacturer in any way. People in the industry are invited to join in the discussions and to become members but are not allowed to hype their company’s products.

Keep it clean. These forums are open to everyone and are here to promote the shooting sports and the responsibilities of gun ownership. By everyone, we mean the whole family including women and children. If you would not say something in front of a 12 year old or their mom or grandmother, then don't say it here. Please avoid trying to override the profanity filter with clever abbreviations.

Politics Forum. The Politics/Second Amendment forum was created primarily to discuss legislation and regulation relating to firearms but questions and comments on other political topics are also welcome. Feel free to express your views on the government, public policy and politicians. You can tell us which candidates you support but asking for donations is spam and will be deleted. Subjects like abortion and homosexuality sometimes relate to public policy but should be discussed with great care. It’s OK to express your personal beliefs but gay bashing, like racial slurs, will not be tolerated.

Religion. This is not the place to preach or to try to convert someone to your church or religion. You can say what you believe but please do not try to start a debate comparing one religion to another.

Illegal activity. It goes without saying that members of this forum should be aware of federal gun laws and those in their state and local jurisdiction. Make sure that all of your comments and suggestions fall within the law. Posts that encourage violation of gun or hunting regulations could get us all in serious trouble.

Trolling and flaming. If you come to our forums to start fights, insult people, gore sacred cows and in general, start trouble, expect to be banned. We enjoy lively and spirited discussion but Trolls are the lowest form of online life and will be dealt with in short order.

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    If I in some way contributed to the turmoil, my apologies. I stopped commenting in the thread after a while but I did post a couple of "tasty" comments. I'll try to be more cordial in the future.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,179 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    If I in some way contributed to the turmoil, my apologies. I stopped commenting in the thread after a while but I did post a couple of "tasty" comments. I'll try to be more cordial in the future.
    Don't you mean "tasteless"....LOL
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,909 Senior Member
    I have no fight with Gays. I know what my religion says, but here's the deal, I don't let it stand between them and me. I figure that's between them and God. And he didn't appoint me to judge anyone.

My problem with the good mayor is not her sexual preference. But that she is threatening to do some unconstitutional acts. She is limiting free speech. Anyway, I can see how this subject got out of hand. We need to keep our thoughts and words on an even keel.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Don't you mean "tasteless"....LOL

Depends who's doing the tasting.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    snake284 wrote: »
    My problem with the good mayor is not her sexual preference. But that she is threatening to do some unconstitutional acts. She is limiting free speech.

That's my primary concern about those subpoenas. They impinge upon our constitutional rights.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,177 Senior Member
    The simple fact is; there are certain subjects that bring out the worst in some of our members. Frankly, I let that thread go on far too long, I should have killed it as soon as her sexual preference overshadowed the fact that she was attempting an unconstitutional act....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,644 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    The simple fact is; there are certain subjects that bring out the worst in some of our members. Frankly, I let that thread go on far too long, I should have killed it as soon as ................

Ditto that. The same can be said for a few subjects occasionally delved into here. Abortion, LEO conduct when few of the facts are known, religion (for the most part), and shooting cats come immediately to my mind.

My gut reaction is usually to stomp these threads out early, but I figure that occasionally it'll turn into a reasonable discussion. I'm almost always wrong.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,335 Senior Member
    I wonder what would happen if a lesbian LEO shot a Holy cat because it had an abortion?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if a lesbian LEO shot a Holy cat because it had an abortion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW8S58CYQqs
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »

I love Ted, but when I see him like that I can't believe he's actually on our side!!! :tooth:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    What flabbergasted me is a lesbian trying to suppress free speech of those who disagree with her lifestyle. I mean all the years they more or less had to keep their sexual preferences in the closet would lead one to believe they would be champions of free speech from all viewpoints, not silence it.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Careful, Mark- - - - - -the PC Patrol will get their manties in a bunch again!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,494 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    What flabbergasted me is a lesbian trying to suppress free speech of those who disagree with her lifestyle. I mean all the years they more or less had to keep their sexual preferences in the closet would lead one to believe they would be champions of free speech from all viewpoints, not silence it.

For individuals, acceptance/equality is what they were originally looking for. For the movement, it was NEVER just about acceptance.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    For individuals, acceptance/equality is what they were originally looking for. For the movement, it was NEVER just about acceptance.

That hit the nail on the head as far as the progressives agenda. Not only will you be propagandized over the years with an over-saturation in all forms of media of anything goes, but you will be labeled some kinda evil mean person for any dissenting belief or opinion.

They are/were very successful at it too. Ole Joe McCarthy (Senator who capitalized on the "Red Scare" and called almost everyone a Commie/UN-American and intimidated anyone who held different political beliefs) would admire their tactics............ albeit for much different purposes than his.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,784 Senior Member
    We're seeing a LOT of this from BOTH sides of the aisle. Its all in "Mein Kampf".
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,179 Senior Member
    Joe McCarthy was right about communist infiltration of everything......just 50 years ahead of his time.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Now she claims her daughter was denied a DL because her birth certificate listed two mothers.

Texas DPS says otherwise.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-houston-mayor-dps-denial-20141025-story.html

"The daughter of Houston Mayor Annise Parker was briefly denied the chance to take a driving test this week because her birth certificate and other documentation indicated she has two mothers, the mayor said.

Parker, who married her longtime partner, Kathy Hubbard, in California this year and remains a rarity as an openly gay mayor of a major U.S. city, complained on her Twitter account on Friday.
    lRelated Annise Parker, Democrat, wins 3rd term as Houston mayor

"Daughter needs drivers test," the mayor wrote. "Has all docs, some in MomA name, some MomK, but w/ birth cert showing both. DPS says can only be from 1 mom!"

The Texas Department of Public Safety, which oversees the issuance of driver's licenses in the state, said the initial decision to reject Parker's daughter's application had nothing to do with her parents' marital status.

Department spokesman Tom Vinger said Parker's daughter failed to prove she was a Texas resident, but that the issue was later resolved."
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,267 Senior Member
    Hate to say it,Houston has become a third world banana republic city,particularly south Houston. JMO
    104RFAST wrote: »
    Hate to say it,Houston has become a third world banana republic city,particularly south Houston. JMO

All the high population centers succumb to the progressive mind set first. It takes longer to permeate through the rural areas because we tend to have more secure fundamental beliefs. But a few years down the line and enough airheads even in the country get numbed into not knowing where we stand, thanks to the persistence of the left handed media.