Home Main Category Clubhouse

Lived up to their name (rant)

sherwoodsherwood Senior MemberPosts: 1,220 Senior Member
In yesterdays newspaper there was an sales ad for 's Sporting Goods. In the ad was for some Federal 22lr. Previously sales always started on a Sunday. I needed some so I went to the store this morning and guess what, there were no 22lr available. I asked how that could be when the sale started today. His response was that his store was the only one whose sales started on a Saturday as he pointed to the in-store sales circular. What a crock! I checked my sales ad at home and there was no start or stop date for the sale. I sent 's corporate an email explaining what happened. The response so far is that corporate can't tack inventory. What a crock!
I may be old but I ain't dead!
DPRMD

Replies

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,385 Senior Member
    Plenty of Federal .22 ammo here, the 325 "Auto Match" boxes. It's great ammo for a bolt action rifles, very accurate, but won't work my M&P 22 reliably.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I think a mod must have deleted the name of this store in your thread. Anyway, you can't trust anything nowadays, even when you see it in writing.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,385 Senior Member
    "Richard's" Sporting Goods.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    "Richard's" Sporting Goods.

Oh yeah, owned by the Skinner brothers, now I remember.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,702 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I think a mod must have deleted the name of this store in your thread. Anyway, you can't trust anything nowadays, even when you see it in writing.
    Considering there's no "modified/edited by" tag on it, I think it was the autocensor. But it's 's.

Just tried posting the name myself. It's the autocensor
    Overkill is underrated.
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    Yep! He sure did.
    snake284 wrote: »
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,826 Senior Member
    What a bunch of Prick's.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Why is anybody doing business with them in the first place, regardless of the price? I wouldn't take FREE ammo or guns from them! If all it takes is a few pennies of price discount to make us forget their betrayal of shooters after Sandy Hook, what sort of worthless slugs are we?
    Jerry