Home Main Category Clubhouse

So on a very happy note, and an answer to prayer

tubabucknuttubabucknut BannedPosts: 3,520 Senior Member
My daughter had her first eeg since her recent hospital stay. Her previous eeg showed signs of brain damage throughout the entire brain. It also showed isolated function from different regions of the brain. This meant that the different regions of the brain were showing little to no coordination. It also showed very slow, abnormal activity. This most recent eeg is a completely different picture. She shows normal activity throughout the brain with all regions functioning normally, and in a coordinated fashion. The only evidence of brain trauma is "discharging". This is when all regions of the brain fire at once. What it means is there is a chance of seizure activity. She has shown no signs of seizures, but may be prone to them. She has been on an anti seizure drug since her cardiac arrest. She will be left on this drug for another 6 months as a precaution. She is expected to out grow the discharging. So what this means is the prognosis is excellent. There is no way to know at this time if there will be no lingering effects on her development, but it is looking way better than it did at first.

She has weened from her last sedative, and is now interacting well with both my wife and me. She is now smiling and playing again. If it were not for the trach it would almost feel just like it did before the arrest. We start the process of decannulation(trach removal) the first part of November. We are hoping for a quick process, but it might take some time.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts. Just thought some of you might want to share with us in the good news.

Replies