School Shooting in Marysville, WA

2»

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I really do think parents/parenting or lack of has a lot to do with it. Although the ultimate responsibility lies with the individual.

And I'm sick of the cop-outs/excuses like they were abused as a child, momma wouldn't even breast feed me..................................loved sis more.................was poor.........................baloney.

Sure it brings back bad memories/experiences for them, but come on they are usually just not accepting the blame for what they did wrong. If they have issues, there are plenty of places to ask for help/counseling out there these days. They always try and make it somebody else s fault.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    Tragically, the death toll is up to 3. Fourteen year-old Gia Soriano died from her injuries Sunday night. Rest in peace, little angel. :angel2:
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,235 Senior Member
    It's a horrible thing. Like SES, we all carried pocket knives when I was in school, and there were fights, but no one EVER pulled a knife in a fight. It was unheard of, and would have drawn serious consequences...what, I don't know, since it never happened. No kid I knew wanted to kill someone.

Boys who hunted would bring their rifles to school in their own automobiles, which is where they stayed all the time.

This shooter kid wipes out all the stereotypes...he was popular, a Homecoming prince, an athlete, not a loner at all. He apparently texted or posted some angry stuff on media, but what kid doesn't?

A bad time for all Americans.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,458 Senior Member
    According to news reports, he also texted the victims (the actual victims) and asked them to meet him in the lunch room. This was premeditated. It was planned cold blooded murder.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I really do think parents/parenting or lack of has a lot to do with it. Although the ultimate responsibility lies with the individual.

I agree.
    You cant whip on the children anymore, when I was bad I knew an ass whipping was coming and I did my best to avoid that. I respected the old folks it was always yes sir and no ma'am. Plus the family unit is gone for the most part we had breakfast and supper as a family now a days everyone has their nose in some electronic device. No one talks anymore and they try and remedy their problems via text message or Facebook.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.