I'm REALLY Worried Now!

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 21,855 Senior Member
The word is that Big O will try to give mass Amnesty by Executive Order after the Mid Term Elections. Isn't there any way he can be stopped? (Besides the obvious.) I know there are few legislators who would risk their own political careers by being part of such a move, but the fact is that's why he will attempt this on his own. I've been hearing this for a few weeks, but didn't pay much attention until I saw Lou Dobbs on Fox this morning. He laid it out pretty bluntly saying that Obama has from the get go intended to break the Constitution and do as he pleased. We've heard all this but I don't think we really took it as serious as it really is.

The problem with all this is that once 11 million more democrats are added to the electorate, you won't see a conservative President again possibly in your life time, And the biggie at stake are your rights, namely 2nd Amendment.

What are your opinions on this? Is anybody else as worried as Me?
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,665 Senior Member
    Well the GREEN PAPER has been contracted and ordered.

I only wish the media would give this the time that it should and let the American people know reality.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    The sheeple won't notice a thing until the freebies are no longer available to them. Then they'll look around in confusion and whine.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,280 Senior Member
    More like 30+ million. Not sure if winning the senate is even enough unless they got 60 which isn't likely. We need to revamp the system, starting with exce. orders.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,240 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    More like 30+ million. Not sure if winning the senate is even enough unless they got 60 which isn't likely. We need to revamp the system, starting with exce. orders.

Harry Reid invoked "the Nuclear option" where a simple majority in the Senate can pass legislation. They won't get 60 and don't necessarily need it, but it would be nice if they did.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Gene L wrote: »
    Harry Reid invoked "the Nuclear option" where a simple majority in the Senate can pass legislation. They won't get 60 and don't necessarily need it, but it would be nice if they did.

Doesn't matter how much legislation they pass, O still has to sign it to become law. They need veto override numbers.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,855 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    More like 30+ million. Not sure if winning the senate is even enough unless they got 60 which isn't likely. We need to revamp the sytstem, starting with exce. orders.

You ain't just Blowing Smoke Bro! We need to revamp and strengthen the Constitution to prevent this kind of abuse again. I always believed the framers were brilliant and covered everything well to protect it and our freedoms and rights. But this is a loop hole that we didn't take seriously enough. Now we find a commie that's willing to use it for his own parties gain. Maybe he doesn't want to be a dictator but what he plans, if this is true, is just as bad. And my wife and every other legal immigrant that had to sweat blood and spend alot of money to get here is getting slapped right in the face. We need to find away to stop this.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,803 Senior Member
    Since the immigration problem is not going away, the Republicans need to step up and offer an acceptable plan.

#1 All illegal immigrants have broken Federal law and are therefore felons.
    #2 Provisional residency status should be granted for two years , after which they will have a chance to become citizens
    #3 Felons must give up their constitutional rights - they may not vote, they may not keep and bear arms, they may not enjoy free assembly
    #4 All illegals must work unless true hardship can be proven. No welfare. They all must pay taxes at a different rate. Expatiation for those who break the law.
    #5 The borders must be secured! No more illegal entry, period. I can see a jobs program for illegals building the border fence, and fixing our infrastructure.
    #6 Harsh penalties for any future illegals

Yes it is punitive, but then again they are already illegals. Jail time is not an option and repatriating them is nearly impossible.

It solves the voting and taxing problem.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Since the immigration problem is not going away, the Republicans need to step up and offer an acceptable plan.

#1 All illegal immigrants have broken Federal law and are therefore felons.
    #2 Provisional residency status should be granted for two years , after which they will have a chance to become citizens
    #3 Felons must give up their constitutional rights - they may not vote, they may not keep and bear arms, they may not enjoy free assembly
    #4 All illegals must work unless true hardship can be proven. No welfare. They all must pay taxes at a different rate. Expatiation for those who break the law.
    #5 The borders must be secured! No more illegal entry, period. I can see a jobs program for illegals building the border fence, and fixing our infrastructure.
    #6 Harsh penalties for any future illegals

Yes it is punitive, but then again they are already illegals. Jail time is not an option and repatriating them is nearly impossible.

It solves the voting and taxing problem.

D

#1- It's not a felony
    #2- It takes 5 yrs AFTER you get a green card to apply for citizenship
    #3- See 1
    #4- agree but not likely
    #5- see 4
    #6- see 5

Let's face it, repubs are afraid to piss off Hispanic voters and like their jobs to much to risk it.

• centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    Lets face it. We have just about come to a complete break down of the government design over 225 years ago and Our Justice system has fully developed into a Legal System. We are so far gone off of azmuith, I am not sure we could even get back on the path we need to be. We have had a complete paradigm shift in our society. We no longer care about the country, we only care about the view from our lives...and most of use are looking at the world through a straw. Democrat, republican, tea party...what have you, it was never supposed to be like this. And to think someone in that party actually cares about the people they represent. They argue against the other party just for the sake of them being the other party.

The worst of it all is we are now a nation of acceptance. We won't even use the tools available to fix this...IE Not voting in a single incumbant, promoting grassroots to the stage (in the scheme Obama is a grassroots guy)....WE continue to vote who the media tells us to.

Ladies and Gentlmen, welcome to the Hellenic period of Greece
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."