Hoggacide

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,855 Senior Member
    Yeah, but but but it killed it, cooked it, and fed it to the Buzzards all in one stroke!

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

:fan: :silly: :tissue:

:rotflmao: :roll2: :rotflmao: :tooth:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    You could open a Buzzard Drive(fly) Through. :yesno: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,070 Senior Member
    If your goal is to get rid of feral hogs....it works....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    It seems like a waste to me. I also dont have a feral hog problem all around my house. Power to them for being creative.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Lots of states have a 24/7 open season on them with spotlights and any kind of gun...........why not, they are a pest. I dunno how much Tannerite that was or how much it would cost to do it. Looks like fun...Squeal Bombs :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Based on the Tannerite we've detonated at several Southeast Shoots, that looked like about a 5-pounder. About a $100.00 bang! Fun, but not too practical!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,251 Senior Member
    It doesn't reflect good on hunters, although this isn't hunting. The giggling on the video does little to gain support for hog elimination. Not a video I'll look upon with fondness.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Does the Game Warden frown on a Hog-IED? Just wondering. :yikes: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Not as dramatic, but a propane/oxygen mix makes for a bad day for gophers, prarie dogs, etc.

http://www.rodentblaster.com/Rodent_Blaster.html

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,251 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Does the Game Warden frown on a Hog-IED? Just wondering. :yikes: Later,

In GA, no game warden involved, as pigs are not game animals. Maybe other agencies would have a problem. Heck, I have a problem. I like to shoot them on at a time.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Gene L wrote: »
    In GA, no game warden involved, as pigs are not game animals. Maybe other agencies would have a problem. Heck, I have a problem. I like to shoot them on at a time.

That's my only problem with THIS Video is that I like to shoot them. They aren't game animals in Texas and there's no way you can take one illegally. Anything goes. But I do love to sit in my blind and bust 'em with Mr. 06 or .270 or anything else that needs bloodin'. I've got guns that have killed deer but not hogs and I have guns that have shot hogs but not deer. I even have a couple of guns that are still virgins that need to take a hog or a deer or both. Me, I just like to hunt em all. The farmers and ranchers and Parks and Wildlife may not think they're game animals, but somebody forgot to program that into my head. Hogs are game enough for me.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    So the explosion went and stuff flew
    I did not see any dead hogs :uhm:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    NN wrote: »
    So the explosion went and stuff flew
    I did not see any dead hogs :uhm:

Instant Pork Sausage makings...............I think I saw some er......by-products blown into the air in that video.
    If I owned land and feral hogs were a problem and shootin didn't cull them back near enough, I would resort to about any measure I could to eliminate or keep them under control. I've seen some nice cattle grazing pastures in Texas decimated/ruined by them.

And I'd make sure if any survived the blast wounded I'd shoot them immediately.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,731 Senior Member
    It's a waste of good meat, but in the end it's no different than the mass trapping and burying them with a bulldozer that happens in areas.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Pick up the pieces. Put them in a cardboard box. Air drop them on an ISIS position.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    It's a waste of good meat, but in the end it's no different than the mass trapping and burying them with a bulldozer that happens in areas.

Or from the air attack from a chopper, and you know they don't pick up a forth of those hogs they shoot.

Yeah I know they're distructive creatures, but they're tasty destructive creatures and I feel you should make at least an effort to do something with the meat besides letting it rot and used for buzzard bait.

But that's just me and I have heard the farmers and ranchers around here, anyway, bitch and moan about the pigs. But on the other hand, if you offer to kill some of them, the first thing they want is MONEY!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Pick up the pieces. Put them in a cardboard box. Air drop them on an ISIS position.

Ham grenade!!
    On a serious note, these guys are NOT sportsmen and should be ashamed!!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,070 Senior Member
    As with coyotes, you will never control hog populations by shooting them. If this was about reducing the local hog population - a cull...being a sportsman has nothing to do with it.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Other than making sure kills are quick, culling an invasive species has not much to do with sportsmanship. It isn't about fair chase; it's about killing as many as possible as fast as possible to reduce the numbers. Best way to get rid of the hogs is to kill all sows and piglets encountered at every opportunity by any legal means. Last time I checked, boars can't reproduce with one another.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Last time I checked, boars can't reproduce with one another.

I'm sure Obama will pass an order to remedy that problem right after the mid terms on Tuesday............
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....