Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Charley Crist!!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It's a conspiracy!

I don't like either one of them and am particularity disgusted with the attack ads by both sides.

I can stomach Crist a tad more than $cott. I don't see many Democrats voting for $cott, but I do see and know Republicans who will vote for Crist.

Free country and I say pull that damn curtain and vote your conscience not who everyone else says you should be voting for, no matter your party affiliation.

Y'all tickle me getting so riled up over this. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :spittingcoffee: :spittingcoffee:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,273 Senior Member
    If you don't like your 2A rights and the Stand Your Ground law, then Charlie's the man!!
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    If you don't like your 2A rights and the Stand Your Ground law, then Charlie's the man!!

He had an NRA A- rating has he reversed his support of the RKBA? Or is this more from the attack ads? I never knew him to try and get anti 2A pushed through the FLA legislature, correct me if I'm wrong.

A little old, but unless he did a 180

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2010/jul/14/charlie-crist/crist-stands-firm-gun-rights/
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    :deadhorse:It's the Dems agenda so that's what I expect out of him. I've heard Marion Hammer, former NRA president, in radio adds and she's not a fan of him. Anyhow,:deadhorse:. I'll be so happy well all this crap is over!!
    OK here is an interesting read. Seems neither is perfect, but a Crist spoke person said some things I don't like, but then again $cott...............they are both politicians.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2014/7/florida-alert-governor-scotts-record-on-second-amendment-issues.aspx
    :deadhorse:It's the Dems agenda so that's what I expect out of him. I've heard Marion Hammer, former NRA president, in radio adds and she's not a fan of him. Anyhow,:deadhorse:. I'll be so happy well all this crap is over!!

Yep the link I posted is Hammer's letter to USF.
    Flip a coin, I reckon. I'm 99.9% a Republican voter usually. For some reason this FLA Gubernatorial race has given me pause.

Makes me wanna wipe/wash my shoe like I just stepped in doggy doo................
    The politifact info was from 2010, back when Charley was a Repub. He's changed parties twice since then.
    I know it was old, but has he said he was anti-gun now or the usual to get votes.....now from the Dems?
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    I must vote for Scott. Crist is not predictable.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,749 Senior Member
    Hate to say it, because I used to be a supporter of Mr. Crist, but no way can I vote for someone that has changed Parties 3 times. On top of that changed his stand on politcal issues atleast twice. A complete 180 degree turn around on Health Care issues.
    The deal about the judges I am not so sure on, but it sure dosnt look good when you look closely and from a Republican to a Democrat just dosnt cut the mustard. If he strongly supports the President and Obamacare, why not support his anti gun agenda also? Rick Scott is no Angel, but atleast he has stayed on a fairly straight line.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    I know there are many pros and cons involved with these two pecker-woods.

Both have a lot of reasons to like/dislike them.

I'd like to see one honest political ad on TV from them both before the election.
    I, too, was a Crist supporter when he was gov. but I always thought there was just something not right!! Now when you hear Crist's name and flip flop in the same sentence, it's not a referral to Florida foot wear!!
    Claude Kirk the first Rep GOV of FLA since the reconstruction switched party's from Dem to Rep (in his case).

He was colorful character, fer sure. Not a native Floridian like R$ either, but started a successful insurance company in Jax. I remember him from the late 60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_R._Kirk,_Jr.
    WAY before my time, and politics were a lot different back then.

Update to why I originally started this thread: so far 51 unwanted emails from CC, since I requested to be removed from the email list!!
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 5,008 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    it sure dosnt look good when you look closely and from a Republican to a Democrat just dosnt cut the mustard. If he strongly supports the President and Obamacare, why not support his anti gun agenda also? Rick Scott is no Angel, but atleast he has stayed on a fairly straight line.

The 2 most important items for me are the 2A rights and getting rid of obumercare, having talked with a lot of people here, many who are demos, and retired and on fixed incomes , most all agree that the ACA has caused undue hardships. While they are both lying dirtbags, I honestly believe that Scott is the lessor of the 2 evils.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    WAY before my time, and politics were a lot different back then.

Update to why I originally started this thread: so far 51 unwanted emails from CC, since I requested to be removed from the email list!!

They like you :devil:
    jaywapti wrote: »
    The 2 most important items for me are the 2A rights and getting rid of obumercare, having talked with a lot of people here, many who are demos, and retired and on fixed incomes , most all agree that the ACA has caused undue hardships. While they are both lying dirtbags, I honestly believe that Scott is the lessor of the 2 evils.

JAY

Good assessment Jay.

Some folks are as stubborn as a Sand Mountain Mule........I'll never understand why :tooth:
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 381 Member
    For those conflicted Florida voters, there is a third person/party in the governors race.
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 386 Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    He had an NRA A- rating has he reversed his support of the RKBA? Or is this more from the attack ads? I never knew him to try and get anti 2A pushed through the FLA legislature, correct me if I'm wrong.

Joe Manchin had an NRA rating of 'A' before Newtown. Ben Nelson was a staunch right to lifer before the cornhusker kickback. The last 2 Dems with any kind of conviction (aside from the criminal variety that is) that I can recall was Lieberman & Zell Miller. It is not so much the person as it is the party that will brook no dessension within their ranks and add CC's desires for power to that formula and.......
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    go ahead vote for Crist, he just got $100,00 from a anti gun group through Giffords and her Astro Hubby.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,385 Senior Member
    mohican wrote: »
    For those conflicted Florida voters, there is a third person/party in the governors race.

Not really. There is only a guy to take votes away from the Republican.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Update: so far 71 more Crist e mails, just to keep the thread on track!!
    104RFAST wrote: »
    go ahead vote for Crist, he just got $100,00 from a anti gun group through Giffords and her Astro Hubby.

Good and like most politicians they will be just be another doormat to his his election. Where did $cott get his money from.........Duke Energy or use some of his own?
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,385 Senior Member
    Like in GA, it's time to take one for the team.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Good and like most politicians they will be just be another doormat to his his election. Where did $cott get his money from.........Duke Energy or use some of his own?

Chief. Gov Scott does not take a pay check and pays his own health care while mostly funding his own campaign.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Yep, he spent $75 million of his own money his first election campaign, don't know about this one.
    Last night the news said that Charlie Crist is up by 3 points.

If you want to believe those polls anyways..............
    You guys just be sure to vote if you haven't already. Vote yer conscience and remember no one except you should decide who you vote for, not the news, this forum, friends, relatives, boss, coworkers, neighbors, husband/wife/GF/BF/SO or anyone else.

Tuesday should be a hoot.

Politics do make Strange Bedfellows, as the idiom goes.

Also, I sure hope Pam Bondi wins for FLA AG, hands down the best for the job in my opinion.
  • flpickupmanflpickupman New Member Posts: 7 New Member
    Can't abide Crist under any circumstances. Even when lined up against Scott.

Classic example of having to choose the lesser of two evils.
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.