Dances a little jig....

FlashoverFlashover MemberPosts: 389 Member
After 5 years of not being able to hunt due to sons medical situation...got a call this morning from my old hunting partner who was supposed to spend season in court that it was cancelled and asking if I want an all expences paid trip to his place for second week of deer season. To say I am excited is beyond words.... My mother in law has even offered to come visit to help wife with our disabled son so I can go.

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Man, that's great. I was forced out of the game for a while my self and it's sure been great to be back. I wish you a great hunt. And for gosh sakes take lots of pics and share them with us.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    Good hunting, have a good time.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,640 Senior Member
    Excellent!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Congrats. Kids and commitments kept me away for a few years myself. Now I can hunt the back 5 where I live.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Congrats!!! Enjoy...
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,675 Senior Member
    Wishing you best of luck with the hunt !!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,945 Senior Member
    Hope you see a thirty pointer!

Sorry, "tirty pointer":tooth:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Sounds like your a great dad......this is your time......soak it in
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,731 Senior Member
    Enjoy the hunt! Good luck!!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,857 Senior Member
    I was forced out myself for a few years for several reasons. Now I'm back into it full speed. I love it and I know you do to. I wish you the best of hunts and hope you get a big one or two. Just be safe.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    HOT DOG! Have fun and may the game be plentiful for you.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    That is great news, you will have some stories to share with your son. I have had some health issues that kept me out of the woods last year, and possibly this year, so I know how you feel. Enjoy the trip and take pictures to share with your family. Keep yer powder dry.........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 389 Member
    I guess I spoke to soon...left town and got 25 miles out and had to return due to wife calling to tell me son was having one of his seizures. Rebooked with my friend for this week and found out today that son now needs surgery in the next week . Season closes the 22nd here so am not gonna get to go at all. Oh well..still next year :)
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    :angel2: pray that your son gets the help he needs.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear of your cancelled plans but as you say, there is always next year.
    Hope the surgery and recovery goes well. Prayers on their way from here.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,857 Senior Member
    Man! I'm sorry to hear that. I know you were excited. But one day if you keep the faith and get that boy straight, I feel it will all turn out good. Maybe some day you and your boy will go hunting together. Then the wait will all be worth it.

:angel2:....................:angel2:....................:angel2:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,355 Senior Member
    Sucks that you won't be able to hunt, but the love you're showing that boy trumps any hunt. Keep being a great dad like you have been and your day will come.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,731 Senior Member
    You are taking care of family. Aint nothing bad about that.

Prayers for your kid.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,945 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    You are taking care of family. Aint nothing bad about that.

Prayers for your kid.

Yep, Just Prayed:angel2:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11