Home Main Category Hunting

Breaking out the thunder stick Sat..

Grizz1219Grizz1219 MemberPosts: 424 Member
Ny rifle season opens up Saturday... Taking the T/C with the 30-06 barrel on it.. Cold front is moving in.. bow season ended WARM... deer sightings tanked... Bring on the bang stick season... How's everyone else's season going?

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,040 Senior Member
    Good luck, and good hunting!

My season is going well. Used both buck tags, have one doe tag used as well
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Going out with the bow.....been out twice so far......seen bucks both times......Don't want to talk about the one I should of had
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Mine and my wife's season is going fine. I've killed one doe and she's got two does. I wanted to get at least one doe before doe season is over. We only have a couple weeks left so we need to get with it this weekend. It's just getting cold enough for bucks to really come out in the daylight. I'm thinking to take the .270 or .280 out. Or maybe the 9.3x62.Anything 200 yards or less is dead meat if I'm even half awake with that thing. Deer die of heart failure when they see that big hole in the end of its barrel pointing their direction.

:yikes:....................:nono:....................:silly:....................:roll2:....................:rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,123 Senior Member
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I can't believe it, Jungle woman wimped out! She just got home from her job and I ask her if she wanted to go see if we could score a buck and she says it's too cold. I said well that's when the deer move, She said I'm the one that will clean it and I don't want to freeze skinning and dressing the deer. Tomorrow night she goes back to her regular job fore four nights so she's out of commission for the weekend. I'll probably go by myself in the morning.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Took my friend Sandy out and put her in my stand for opening day in Ny and at first light she shot a 176Lb 9 pointer... Great buck.. she is thrilled, her first Ny buck after 11 years hunting there... I'll post pics later.. Photobucket isn't letting me copy the link...
    Yeah, she was thrilled with him for sure... Glad I could put her on him...
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    Grizz1219 wrote: »

WOW!!
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Very nice.
    Where does a 179lbs put him on the size scale for that area? Body wise? Around here that is a bruiser for body size. 200lb is rare.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Here's a good pic for scale... We shoot does that will go 130.... I shot 1 doe that was 140.... But you have to be patient, they are there if you wait for them. This is at the butcher shop, they have a lot of 90-120 lb bucks on the ground... Hers is the close one

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Grizz1219 wrote: »
    Ny rifle season opens up Saturday... Taking the T/C with the 30-06 barrel on it.. Cold front is moving in.. bow season ended WARM... deer sightings tanked... Bring on the bang stick season... How's everyone else's season going?

Go get em brother!

My season has been awesome so far, I'll be looking for varmints the rest of the season since I already have 2 deer in the freezer. May take a nice doe for the mother in law, she wants one and it is close to Christmas.....Well you know, the season of sucking up!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    That's a great NY buck!

Yes, it is! Very nice.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,587 Senior Member
    Yowza!! Nice grab!
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.