Home Main Category Clubhouse

Back surgery tomorrow morning

2»

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    No! Post earlier while the pain meds are in full force. It'll be funny!

Just after I got back from the hospital I was still a little buzzy from the meds, and I found that the keyboard to my laptop was all weird, with the keys now moved to different locations. I tried some emails and gave up after hh0af0ne ot99navnr once too often.
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Just got back from the hospital, with a quick stop at the pharmacy and Chick Fil A. Procedure went smoothly, and the doc says everything went according to plan.

Should start feeling some relief over the next few days, with full recovery over the coming weeks. Thanks for all the support!

Glad it went well. Keep us updated, pal.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    Good news
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,941 Senior Member
    Good to hear everything went good! Hope that helps releive your pain.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 733 Senior Member
    Sounds like you are on the right road now, just do what the doc tells you and take care! :angel:
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,915 Senior Member
    Glad to hear that all went well
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,094 Senior Member
    Here's to a speedy & complete recovery :angel:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Kapla ! Klingon for success !
    No wait ! The Klingons kill people with back problems !!!!!!

Welcome aboard !!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Just after I got back from the hospital I was still a little buzzy from the meds, and I found that the keyboard to my laptop was all weird, with the keys now moved to different locations. I tried some emails and gave up after hh0af0ne ot99navnr once too often.

YAY! Heal up good, ya hear now?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Thanks, all!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    :beer:
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2:
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Happy dancing :tooth:
    I can find him a Belly Dance teacher in his area!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    LM, we're so happy you're back (haha) and it's feeling better. Get well, dude, we don't want this forum to devolve into a medicare gripe page. Congrats on the successful surgery, tip yer cap at the surgeons.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    My leg is definitely getting stronger, now that the pressure is off the sciatic nerve. So now I'm just dealing with the post-op pain and stiffness, but I think this was the right choice.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    My leg is definitely getting stronger, now that the pressure is off the sciatic nerve. So now I'm just dealing with the post-op pain and stiffness, but I think this was the right choice.

This is a great step forward (ha ha) and it's proof that sometimes, surgery is the better decision. Anyone else, don't leap into the decision but get expert opinions and then if warranted, do the job. Glad things have improved, pal.