Home Main Category General Firearms

Range Report AR 7

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 11,626 Senior Member
"Survival" rifle, .22 LR. I have no intention of ever having to survive with this rifle, but got it anyway. I took it to the range today, shot it at 20 yards with Remington Golden bullet bulk. The feeding was flawless, and the sights, although very rudimentary, were right on. Trigger was stiff, but clean.

To my surprise, the rifle shot about a nickel sized group, about 1/4" low. I had no idea they were that accurate.

The length of pull is too long so the stock will have room for the barrel and action to fit inside, so it's not without compromise.
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,757 Senior Member
    The AR 7 was made buy several different manufacturers....an idea what brand you have?

I had on of the original Armalites....had a tendency to run full auto when loaded with CCI Mini-Mags...With normal ammo however, it worked just fine.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,626 Senior Member
    Mine is new, made by Henry. Which is who makes them now.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 810 Senior Member
    I got rid of mine a couple of years ago. Love the concept and enjoyed the rifle. However, I ran out of room and needed to reduce my collection.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,005 Senior Member
    I have one of the older ones made by Survival arms. I would not wish it on an enemy. It is just unreliable.

I love the concept. I'd like to get one of the new Henry ones.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov