Home Main Category Clubhouse

Finally got to meet Sam!!

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 7,827 Senior Member
So the wife and I are heading to Foley, Alabama for Thanksgiving at her sisters, when we stop at a little Mexican place on the state line. I know Sam has an affinity for state line road houses but I never expected to see him this far east!! But there he is standing at the front door, greeting people as they enter and exit!! He's a lot taller than I thought he would be and he sure is skinny since he has been on that diet! He turned side ways and almost disappeared!! He didn't talk much, just mumbled stuff about staying thirsty, but after a couple of XX's he loosened up a bit. Anyhow always great to meet another forum member!!
?tn=-589742752

BTW! Wife thinks Sam is "Fuego!!"

?tn=-669796139

Replies

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    Al........you are one sick individual.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    He doesn't hang around Mexican joints very often, but when he does folks stop and .......................admire his Fire!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    I know foley real well....
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,743 Senior Member
    Kinda two-dimensional. Your wife grabbing him is a way to get him to sing the high notes in opera.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,018 Senior Member
    That's hilarious!!!!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,167 Senior Member
    I never knew a hernia surgery could make so tall.....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Sam is a bit taller than I expected. :uhm:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Priceless.:roll2:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    :nono:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    So the wife and I are heading to Foley, Alabama for Thanksgiving at her sisters, when we stop at a little Mexican place on the state line. I know Sam has an affinity for state line road houses but I never expected to see him this far east!! But there he is standing at the front door, greeting people as they enter and exit!! He's a lot taller than I thought he would be and he sure is skinny since he has been on that diet! He turned side ways and almost disappeared!! He didn't talk much, just mumbled stuff about staying thirsty, but after a couple of XX's he loosened up a bit. Anyhow always great to meet another forum member!!

Ya see how fortunate I am? Big could have picked any forum member to compliment but he picked me to compare with that guy in the beer ads.

I don't know why, but I am flattered. Yet another member of my fan club comes out of the closet! Were I greedy I'd set up a membership system with dues and all. I suppose that we could have a special forum thread, where my dedicated fans could gather and bask in their commensurate glory.

I have read the posting and really cannot discern why Al chose me to match up with the poster. As he says, the cardboard dude is a lot taller than I am, maybe not thinner, but definitely more handsome. He also drinks Mexican beer which I do rarely. But in the ads he even says that.

I did think that the 2nd photo where the woman is groping a cardboard image is kinda disturbing. I also admit to not understanding why this was done. Most women might feel embarrassed to have her photo posted on the internet in such a pose, however much fun it seems to be. Goofy teenagers maybe, but adult women? I guess ya hadda be there.

I suppose the joke's meant to be on me. I don't grasp the connection between that actor (or character he plays) and me. I'm definitely not that "interesting" nor handsome nor tall nor beset with many pretty female admirers. Somehow Big saw something that I did not.

But I am nevertheless flattered, and gratified to know that I've got TWO more fanclub members!
    Now this was 3 years ago, when Teach came thru Houston and we had lunch at Rudyard's British Pub. You can see that I'm not nearly as tall as Big Al would have me considered. And of course this was me at maybe 80 pounds heavier, too. Also note that nobody is groping me. I suppose that might have occurred were I to have stood there outside the bar long enough, but I doubt it. Mebbe I should start hanging out at Mexican restaurants instead? If I loyally wear my Montrose Beer & Gun Club shirt, maybe...

teach1.jpg
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Your right Sam. No resemblance at all. I don't know what their talking about. Stay thirsty my friend.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Your right Sam. No resemblance at all. I don't know what their talking about. Stay thirsty my friend.

I REALLY miss drinking gobs of beer. I'm thirsty from noon onward. My 2-3 per week just doesn't pass muster (or actually it does, but I'm definitely not happy about it). Sigh.

I also honestly don't know why Big Al picked me. If you look at the guy in the cardboard cutout, he actually bears a stronger resemblance to Teach. I suppose that I'm thought to be one-dimensional? I dunno what made him think of me when he saw the Dos Equis "spokesman" but thankfully not everyone thinks the same, and Big's thinking that the actor resembles me is beyond ken.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,827 Senior Member
    Sam! I am one of your biggest fans here on the forum and I am so glad you are a good sport. I know you have a good sense of humor. This was just in fun and I'm glad you're not mad. And yes, the wife is as crazy as I am, if not more!!

Good win for the Texans, too!!
    Well, I don't always change my mind, but when I do (ha ha) I genuinely appreciate the humor!

Yeah, Texans blew the Titans away. Folks here are of course still angry at the former Oilers (now Titans) for running out of town, so any victory over that rivalry is good. The rookie QB had a terrific day, too.

Texans are now 6-6 and although that's not great, anything that bests last season's 2-14 is a win. I predicted them an approximately 8-8 season which is okay for a rebuilding year. And JJ Watt might soon step up to quarterback, I understand (ha ha). Truthfully, there's talk of him being MVP of the NFL, and although I don't think it will happen, his defensive play is amazing, plus his occasional forays into offense by catching TD passes. It's been a long time from when a defensive player has been MVP overall. (I'm too lazy to look it up.)

Later, dude, and say hi to your lady. And of course I'm not angry, never was, just funnin' around back and forth, as I often do here.
  • tbarnztbarnz Member Posts: 66 Member
    Our vacation spot since I was a kid was Gulf Shores a the surrounding area. I have numerous reviews on Tripadvisor. Look for GTONIC.