Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

No Flippin' Way

bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior MemberPosts: 2,590 Senior Member
What in the crazy blue hell is going on in Wisconsin? I can't even imagine signing up to have the police search my own damn house for guns. As if there is even a REMOTE possibility of there being a gun in my home that I don't know about, to say nothing of the fact that even if there were, it's my business and NOBODY else's.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/09/wisconsin-police-criticized-over-voluntary-program-that-allows-police-to/?intcmp=latestnews

Even before I awakened from my coma of ignorance on reality and freedom, I never would have done this.
Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,043 Senior Member
    The Story wrote:
    inspect the home for any unknown guns that may be in the household

To find unknown guns? OMG, that Schofield just snuck in through the doggie door!

Probably followed the scent of the Whitney Wolverine that came in through the garage last week!

Pretty thin layer of horsesqueeze there.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,501 Senior Member
    Beloit ain't in Wisconsin, it's North Chitcago!!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Could be worse and have to deal was the Bat Crappe' Crazy Police Chief of Austin TX. He wants good citizens "report anyone who owns guns and expresses "hatred towards any particular group" to authorities so they can be checked out". Yep, even Texans have little pockets of liberal crazies ... and come to think of it Austin's unofficial motto is "Keep Austin Weird"

http://www.examiner.com/article/austin-police-chief-to-citizens-report-angry-gun-enthusiasts-to-authorities
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I hate Commies and Gun grabbing SOBs and I own guns.....so there, put that in yer pipe and smoke it you piss-ant Chief of Police.

What he should have said was if you know anyone communicating threats toward particular groups like wanting to kill them report them.....gun owners or not.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,043 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Could be worse and have to deal was the Bat Crappe' Crazy Police Chief of Austin TX. He wants good citizens "report anyone who owns guns and expresses "hatred towards any particular group" to authorities so they can be checked out". Yep, even Texans have little pockets of liberal crazies ... and come to think of it Austin's unofficial motto is "Keep Austin Weird"

http://www.examiner.com/article/austin-police-chief-to-citizens-report-angry-gun-enthusiasts-to-authorities

Yeah, Chief Assinvader is a California Transplant. CHiP commander out of Bakersfield that ran to Texas before the Sexual harassment claims from his subordinates took him down.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    We had a sheriff in my county that used to run radio ads about his "safe driving awards" stating that his deputies may follow you and decide to pull you over to issue a "safe driving award". Everyone knew that it was a bs way of pulling people over without probable cause if they fit a particular profile. Another radio station offered a reward to anyone that could produce one of these awards and wasn't surprised to learn that none had ever been issued. That particular sheriff should be out of jail in about another year.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Yeah, Chief Assinvader is a California Transplant. CHiP commander out of Bakersfield that ran to Texas before the Sexual harassment claims from his subordinates took him down.

Was he harassing the guys or the girls, or was he an equal-opportunity molester? Since he's in Austin, I guess there's at least a possibility he bats for the other team!
    :uhm:
    Jerry
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Beloit ain't in Wisconsin, it's North Chitcago!!

:nono: I happen to have more than a passing interest in the area... It may not be North Chicago, but it's definitely going for 'playa' status!

My wife is no real fans of guns, and tends to lean 'law and order' more than most, but she even said this was asinine. A couple of days after the announcement, the Chief changed his mind. Apparently, this wasn't well received by anybody, including the cops who would have been performing the searches. Beloit may not be a far gone as previously thought...I could really see something like this catching on in Madison though, despite the recent message sent to the politicos by the voting public.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    I think I'll call the cops and ask them to come and investigate to see if our house is clean enough or if Mrs. Clean needs some prodding, hey.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I think I'll call the cops and ask them to come and investigate to see if our house is clean enough or if Mrs. Clean needs some prodding, hey.

IF I were to do that they'd have to come back and investigate the disappearance of her husband who had not been seen by any neighbors or been at work for weeks after their last visit :roll2:
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell