Home Main Category Hunting

Bloodied he new CZ tonight

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
Headed to the ranch right after lunch with the family yesterday to get in some woods time. Didn't see much this morning, just some turkey and a pack of Javalina. This evening was looking pretty sad, nothing moving until just before dark when a boar walked out by the feeder. I flipped the safety off, set the trigger and sent a 120 grain A-Max bullet through his head at 90 yards. This was an eye popping DRT shot so know it has plenty of energy for these hardheaded varmints!
I'm very pleased with the new CZ, this one is a keeper!

054D8F1F-7FCA-4F8A-9FA7-4CE97DE5C454_zpsbzj20buf.jpg
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,466 Senior Member
    Very nice.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    very cool, congrats.

Sako
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    Most Excellent
    Congrats
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 2,036 Senior Member
    Great job!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    excellent.

Yeah, good job Tim. I had a suck day as far as seeing anything. Saw one doe this morning but I didn't have the car hidden well enough down the sendero, and when the doe saw it she turned tail for the next Zip Code. We're going again in the morning. This is it for the does this year so we better produce if we want anymore tender meat.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,205 Senior Member
    Freezer is going to be full at your house, how much did he weigh?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    Good shot! Congrats.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Freezer is going to be full at your house, how much did he weigh?

This one wasn't too big, maybe 110-120 pounds but he smelled bigger; phew! I don't keep any of the boars just because I don't like dealing with skinning those stinky porkers. I'm happy just knowing there is one less of those destructive creatures.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yeah, good job Tim. I had a suck day as far as seeing anything.

I think they are laying low waiting for the next cold front, should be coming in tomorrow night.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,615 Senior Member
    Nice work! Sexy rifle, too.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,046 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    ....This was an eye popping DRT shot

Got it to go all Roger Rabbit?

Nice score! Congrats!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Got it to go all Roger Rabbit?

Yep, when the eyes pop out you know you're bullet is generating the right amount of internal force!:yikes:
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    Good to see that the CZ performed flawlessly on its first outing............Great shooting.

But................................

Yep, when the eyes pop out you know you're bullet is generating the right amount of internal force!:yikes:

Just imagine what would have happened if it had been in 9.3..................:devil:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman wrote: »

Just imagine what would have happened if it had been in 9.3..................:devil:

I think I may have to find out!
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    I think I may have to find out!

And I might just call past on my way to the SE next year to have a fondle................:rotflmao:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman wrote: »
    And I might just call past on my way to the SE next year to have a fondle................:rotflmao:

As a member in good standing you can fondle my 9.3 anytime!:rotflmao:
    cpj wrote: »
    Fixed it for you, you had your numbers transposed.

My bad; never been any good at small talk....
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    Nicely done! That is the best eating size.........Robin :cool2:
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Very nice job planting a head shot on him in waning light. Nice way to get the nice rifle broken in!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    Strange looking deer. I had to do a double take. :tooth:
    Congrats!
    twa wrote: »
    Strange looking deer. I had to do a double take. :tooth:
    Congrats!

DEER? That there be a werewolf!
    78259e95-6368-4265-90a1-c219626a970a_zpse2ff8457.jpg
  • 10 AC10 AC Member Posts: 309 Member
    DEER? That there be a werewolf!
    78259e95-6368-4265-90a1-c219626a970a_zpse2ff8457.jpg

I thought you could only kill werewolves with silver bullets. So A Max has some silver bullets?
    10 AC wrote: »
    I thought you could only kill werewolves with silver bullets. So A Max has some silver bullets?

Silver bullets or by blowing their eyeballs out! :tooth:
  • 10 AC10 AC Member Posts: 309 Member
    Good job man! Was just pickin. I missed it, what cal. rifle?
    10 AC wrote: »
    Good job man! Was just pickin. I missed it, what cal. rifle?

She is in 6.5x55 Swede