Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Whacko environtmentalists did it again

2»

Replies

• MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I would have paid $10,000 to see the guy chop down the tripod.

At least $100 just to see the face of the guy on top when that chainsaw started biting into the log.....
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    i would have paid $10,000 to see the guy chop down the tripod.

Timberrrrrr!!!!!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I would have paid $10,000 to see the guy chop down the tripod.

I would have, too, as well as a lot of other folks. But the spoil sport cops stopped him from getting to it. While the high lift was getting there (they only move a few miles per hour) the cops had to keep people back from the tripod. Some of the guys in the crowd were all for grabbing one of the three legs, walking it away from the other two, and dropping the thing to the asphalt. Given what was going on, the workers were pretty restrained. Good thing, too, as the cops were outnumbered by at least 50:1.

When the guy on the tripod took a swing at the firefighter on the high lift, and the firefighter clocked him a few times in the face, the cheering was pretty loud. Handful of greasy hair in one hand, and a few rapid punches to the face and the guy on the tripod was subdued.

I found it pretty odd that the protesters cut down so many trees. Tree huggers cutting down trees! :rotflmao: One of the local newspapers ran a cartoon of that; I've got a copy of it somewhere; pretty funny!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »
    It's getting the same here regarding the eco-terrorists and the judicial system. Unless they do actual physical damage via arson, endangering the public, etc., then they pretty much get away with it.

First time that Earth First! protested the nuke plant, they cut down some pine trees to help block the road, and used three of the trunks to make a tripod about 20 ft. high that a protester chained himself to at its peak.

The funny part. They blocked the road into the plant with concrete filled barrels with pipes in the bottom to run dog chains through with loops to put around their wrists. They refused to remove their hands, so the site fire department holed the barrels above the pipe and turned a 2 1/2" line on the contents of the barrels. The wet concrete disintegrated, and the barrels were moved with the 'tards still holding onto the chains; they didn't like it. Getting dragged on the gravel and wet concrete seemed a bit uncomfortable to them.

A pulp wood truck was blocked by the cars they'd abandoned in the road by the protesters. He saw the tripod with the '**** on top, and got his chain saw and headed towards it. The cops had to keep him from cutting the tripod down. :roll2: Firemen used one of our high lifts to get the guy down; one fireman and one cop in the bucket; the guy started to put up a fight, and lost, badly. Don't P.O. a nuke plant fireman! :silly:

Then things got 'interesting'. The ones behind the felled trees started shouting that they were going to shut down construction and put the workers out of work. Now picture this: about 100 scrawny filthy nasty protesters facing about 500 welders, pipefitters, ironworkers, and other assorted craftsmen, and the workers are really mad; no workee, no checkee. The cops were as busy arresting and stuffing the protesters in borrowed cattle trailers as they were keeping the plant workers from stomping the protesters flatter than road killed rabbits. The cops weren't entirely successful in protecting the protesters. Some of them looked pretty bad; it got to be close to a full blown riot at times.

I got to do a 20 hour shift, as my relief couldn't get in at the normal time due to the road being blocked, and the guy for the next shift was late due to the clearing up of debris, and hauling off all the protesters cars blocking the road took a while after the protesters were all rounded up.

Now I'll cut to the chase. All of them arrested went before a judge and were fined, some had to go to trial and got significant jail or prison time, the impound fees on the cars were in most cases higher than the cars were worth, and a few rich parents of the protesters got an education in the action$$$ cost a lot in consequence$$$ thing.

And two years later, the Earth First! group was back.

Me like see video!
    Me like see video!

I wish one was available. The chaos the stoopid Earth First! fools made by blocking the highway in both directions kept the news media at bay until it was mostly all over.

Here's a video of the aftermath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8BBZqDkIR0
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    I wish one was available. The chaos the stoopid Earth First! fools made by blocking the highway in both directions kept the news media at bay until it was mostly all over.

Mahalo for sharing the video. Dirty hippies. White folks with dreadlocks. I sincerely hope the LEOs were up to ate on their inoculations before being dispatched. And that they deloused all those arrested.

That guy with the Kryptonite lock around his neck. Why bother cutting it off? I would have just took the keys and thrown them away.
    Mahalo for sharing the video. Dirty hippies. White folks with dreadlocks. I sincerely hope the LEOs were up to ate on their inoculations before being dispatched. And that they deloused all those arrested.

That guy with the Kryptonite lock around his neck. Why bother cutting it off? I would have just took the keys and thrown them away.

I had to dig to find the video. Glad you liked it! :rotflmao:

I went to one of the protests they held across the river from the plant(they didn't like getting arrested and just held a rally next to the fishing area below the dam). I'd been retired a little over a year at the time, and was up for some excitement. Since they were on the East side of the river the county deputies were from my county. They all knew me and also knew things were about to get interesting.

One of the guys speaking to the crowd brought up Chernobyl and made some statement about the plant across the river being just as dangerous. I was at the back of the crowd and yelled "Bullstuff!" and proceeded to explain why he was full of it. I heckled him until he lost it and another **** started spewing bull, and I had at him for a while. The deputies were enjoying the back and forth between me and the speakers/crowd. I finally got bored and left; anyway, the smell was getting to me a bit. I left with the firm belief that that crowd were rank strangers where the application of soap and water were concerned. A factory hog farm smells better than that unwashed mass of filth. I felt bad that the deputies had to be there the whole time. :vomit:

As to the gals at that rally, like Teach said, they were so buttugly that they'd make a freight train take a dirt road to avoid them! :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    You surely showed a lot of restrain and rationality when dealing with those idiots.

Updating the local situation, as expected local pinko judges refused the order to arrest the perps using absurd legal formalities & procedures, therefore they were able to flee abroad using apparently in some cases even fake identities and/or documents. The current South African head of the NGO showed up, asked for forgiveness under the excuse of youth and good intentions, volunteered to cover all potential restoration costs but denied to give the identities of all those involved so they can't be prosecuted. So far the only one that might be brought to justice is a local archaeologists that allegedly guided the group into the area, but who's name is still a mystery, although it's well-known in the social media as "Comrade Gustavo" or something like that. At least he should loose his professional license!

Such is life in the sub-tropics......
    Sad your government didn't arrest them fast and run them through the justice system. They could still go after them if they were so inclined to do so.

Regarding the Earth First! bunch that was in that video, they were extremely lucky that the cops showed up before the day shift workers arrived. Had a lot of the workers arrived first there wouldn't have been enough ambulances in the whole of East Tennessee to haul off the broken bits and pieces of that bunch. It sucked for the cops having to protect the protesters from the workers that wanted to tear into them while trying to arrest the protesters at the same time. As the protester numbers dwindled from being hauled off by the police the ones that were left started getting that 'deer in the headlights' look. By that time the plant workers were really getting worked up. The last group didn't put up any resistance to getting hauled off! :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member

1:37 at that video is pure gold......
    1:37 at that video is pure gold......

:spittingcoffee: The Sheriff, Leon Sneed, was a good Sheriff. Definitely a country boy that speaks his mind. And he wasn't lying; that bunch of filthy protesters smelled worse than a gut pile laying in the July sun for three weeks.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • DurangoKidDurangoKid Member Posts: 183 Member
    The Climate Change idiots have committed suicide. Obama closed oil development on public lands to push up gasoline prices. This was to reduce the amount gasoline usage. They said America could not drill it's way out of this one.
    Oil Exploration moved on to private property in ND and other states. Without restrictions producers have created more oil than needed. Gasoline prices are dropping. Obama has protected the oil producing Islamic Nations. These countries are going to be riding camels to pick up their welfare checks.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Can't recall where I heard a scientist or so talking in an interview about the shale gas and the recently discovered extractive methods, and that when asked about what will the oil exporting countries will have to do with their production in the future. Guy felt silent for a moment and answere "Well....they'll have to drink it"

Apparently those "Earth first" guys never learned that getting between a working man and his honest income source isn't a good idea. Maybe they should be sent to Africa to block Hippos' path towards a waterway to learn something the hard way.....