Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

2 NY cops shot. I hope Al and Jesse are happy now. :cuss:

JeeperJeeper Senior MemberPosts: 2,954 Senior Member
http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/cops-shot-brooklyn-sources-article-1.2051941

A very sad day indeed. I hope the families successfully sue Al and Jesse for this. This gang member should have been shot (or at least kept behind bars) long ago.

Luis
Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Sigh...

This isn't the last, either. As the media broadcasts this like a victory for the murderer it will embolden and further delude the minds of wannabes to become perpetrators.

The police are at war, intrinsically speaking. The enemy is camouflaged and almost impossible to find and we're left to react rather than be proactive.

I can't trust anyone. I won't. I can't afford to.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Fox News Judge Jeannine lit into Al and the mayor pretty hard along with Bo Dietl (former NYC det).

My prayers go out to the slain Cops families.............and that this will stop. :angel2::angel2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    This is sad. Careful out there Jason. Keep your head on a swivel.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Well it happened locally last night just blocks from my home! Local city cop shot and killed at 3am.Perp
    in custody, at the moment, no info on race of the LEO or shooter ! I've lived in this city over 20 yrs, this
    is the first local LEO killed on duty. This could get UGLY.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Keep your eyes up, Jason.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    This is sad. Careful out there Jason. Keep your head on a swivel.

Always.
    104RFAST wrote: »
    Well it happened locally last night just blocks from my home! Local city cop shot and killed at 3am.Perp
    in custody, at the moment, no info on race of the LEO or shooter ! I've lived in this city over 20 yrs, this

I just heard about this one, too. I'm on my department's honor guard, but not sure if I'll be selected to go to this one. Another false 911 call ambush killing...
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Keep your eyes up, Jason.

Absolutely!

Sadly, I see these ambush killing sparking more nervous police shootings...we'll see more "he pulled his cell phone from his pocket and was shot by police"...

These boys in blue are scared they won't go home because of senseless and random violence. We understand that the job is dangerous, no kidding. But get shot and killed eating your lunch...just, why? What the hell? No one did this to cops 40 years ago...
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Sigh...

This isn't the last, either. As the media broadcasts this like a victory for the murderer it will embolden and further delude the minds of wannabes to become perpetrators.

The police are at war, intrinsically speaking. The enemy is camouflaged and almost impossible to find and we're left to react rather than be proactive.

I can't trust anyone. I won't. I can't afford to.

What you say is very true and also scary. Even in a very pro-gun environment like Texas, we've got plenty of agitators who make their living starting trouble and blaming cops for all the problems. Makes me grind my teeth in anger. Grrrrr
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    If some dirtbag thug wants to bushwhack somebody, there's plenty of worthless scum in Noo Yawk to choose from- - - - -like race-baiting "activists", His Dishonor the mayor, the hypocrite police brass, etc. Don't pick on the street cops who try to protect the citizens!
    Jerry
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    The timing is so eerie - right after the NYPD tells Mayor DeBlasio that if any of their officers are killed he won't be welcome at their funeral - this happens. Gonna have to watch and see how both sides handle this awful situation.

Given the current state of things, I cannot understand any law-abiding person not carrying a concealed weapon. Every day, everywhere, no exceptions, no excuses.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    The officers at the hospital where the two officers were pronounced dead, turned their backs on DeBlasio when he walked through. It would not do for him to come visiting if I were a family member. I would probably invent a few new words for the "Firefighter's book of magic words", (excerpted from TennMike's book of Sailors magic words!)
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Good for them. I wonder how quickly his personal security goon squad would come to his rescue if he happened to get attacked?
    Jerry
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Fox News Judge Jeannine lit into Al and the mayor pretty hard along with Bo Dietl (former NYC det).

My prayers go out to the slain Cops families.............and that this will stop. :angel2::angel2:

I like Bo Dietl, sometimes he goes on a tirade about something that bothers him and it looks like his head will explode.
    He gets fire hydrant red in the face. Happens on Imus's morning show quite a bit. From what I understand, he's NYC's most decorated Officer? Is that right? Anyway he knows Al Sharpton, and isn't afraid to say exactly what a pile of excretement that Al Sharpton really is. Det. Dietl was a good cop, and he's a good private investigator.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Obama, Holder, Sharpton, the NYC mayor, and all the other race baiters fanning the flames are responsible for the deaths of these two officers. If they keep pushing the race baiting there is going to likely be some severe blowback which could lead to a race war and the inevitable martial law in some places. In any case, that wouldn't end well.

The filthy coward that shot the two officers offed himself rather than get in a shootout with the pursuing police. I'm glad the blew himself away; no more cops had to risk their lives to take him into custody, or waste ammo killing him.

The cops here on the forum need to be extra watchful now. The 'crazy box' has been shaken by the race baiters and the crazies are crawling out of the woodwork. Be safe!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    A picture of the cop was on facebook...he is white, and a former NYC cop as well.

"A Florida police officer, a married father of six children, was shot and killed while responding to a noise complaint on Sunday by a man who’d just been released in March, according to authorities.

Tarpon Springs, Florida police officer, 45-year-old Charles Kondek, who simply was known as “Charlie K,” was known as a family man who always took time “to go to special events with his kids,” according to a former coworker, as reported by Bay News 9.

The cop killer suspect has been identified as 23-year-old Marco Antonio Parilla, Jr., who has been arrested and taken to the Pinellas County Jail, and had an extensive criminal record which included nearly 30 arrests, according to Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri.

The suspect had been going door-to-door, banging on residential doors, looking for someone who said had “dimed him out,” reports WTSP, while a female companion waited for him in a car and was playing loud music, leading to the noise complaint reported at 2:00 a.m. early Sunday morning.

Tragically, when Officer Kondek arrived at the seen, Parilla opened fire on the officer, and while exiting the scene, drove over the body of the officer.

Parilla was caught after he crashed the getaway car into a pole, where he sustained no injuries, reports The Tampa Tribune."
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,113 Senior Member
    Well said my left-leaning friend.....very well said...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,186 Senior Member
    They are cowboying up in WI today for another grand jury not charging an LEO in a shooting of a black man.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    ...We need to do a better job as a society of respectfully disagreeing without hating eachother.

My experience has been that most of the people who are talking about 'hate' are liberals. Conservatives are mostly not accusing their opponents of being haters.

When a conservative says that there are a disproportionate number of a minority in prison because they are the ones that are actually committing the crimes, they are simply telling the truth - not hating. No problem can be solved without correctly identifying the problem. You can either identify a problem and try to fix it, or you can concentrate on blame, and try to affix it to your political opponent.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Good post.

I was taught that the word 'hate' was the strongest possible emotion to feel against another person. No child ever even casually mentioned the word, without a discussion on the seriousness of what it meant. Basically, if a person could hate someone, it meant that he could probably kill him without remorse. I have honestly never hated anyone in my entire life. I have had what seemed like irreconcilable differences that sometimes led to fights, but I did note hate, whether I won or lost.

In my opinion, overuse and misuse of the words "hate" and "racism" have done more to harm the political process and social structure than any of the other political correctness idiocy.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    I was disturbed to see this MSNBC headline today. "Police: Fatally shot kid wanted shoes." Initially I read another police shooting of a minor. When I read the article I discovered that was not the case as police were not involved. Misleading headlines are nothing new. They have been used since the invention of newspapers. I admit I missed the "Police (colon)" in this one. Can you imagine how many of the uneducated, uninformed, currently cop hating masses who missed that and never actually read the article? Here is the gist of what actually happened.

CINCINNATI — Police were studying mall surveillance video Tuesday in their investigation of the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old Ohio boy authorities say tried to rob a shopper in his quest to obtain popular, limited-edition athletic shoes.

Miami Township police said a man with a concealed weapon permit fired his gun after he and another man were accosted Saturday morning by three teens on a sidewalk outside the Dayton Mall. Police said one teen had showed a gun.
    Jawaad Jabbar of Middletown died a short time later of a gunshot wound to his torso, authorities said.

You do bad things. You reap bad consequences.

Are stupid athletic shoes worth your life?
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    This is the type of behavior that Al and Jesee live for. The more interracial strife, the more money and attention they get and the more seeds of hate they get to sow. They are a cancer in our society and it is methastazising...

Moreover, the liberal news media knows that 24/7 will feed the delusions of these people living on the hairy edge of snapping and becoming publicly violent. But good luck charging any news media outlet with culpable negligence...
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,573 Senior Member
    Al and Jesse don't want cops dead, they want blacks dead.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    A perfect example for myself was GW Bush. For a period of time I genuinely hated him. It was frankly stupid etc.

Thanks, alpha, for your candor. It takes some gumption to admit errors.

I can understand how many people might dislike GWB and I understand it from a political sense, but hate? That, as you imply, is self destructive.

On this topic, you guys know that I don't use slang terms to name Obama nor do I hate him. I do however strongly dislike his political bent and his theories. But I do acknowledge his humanity and believe that there are plenty of places to disagree with Obama without distorting his name or calling him names (big ears, etc).

But thanks alpha for your statements.
    Sam I know for sure you don't fall into that category, but it does seem like with as polarized as our political discourse has become, we've made it much easier to hate those on the other side and many unfortunately do, often reflexively. Luckily few of those people populate this forum!

For me, the most liberal looney Democrat or similar isn't even worth hating. I've got some liberal friends whom I still regard as liberals but misguided nice folks. No way I could hate someone because of simple politics.

Dislike? Sure. And when I come across people who are anti-Semitic or nastily derisive of my religion, those are the people for whom I have the closest to strong dislike. I can't however say that I "hate" them -- more disdain than hate. And of course, those people are often my enemies -- people like radical Muslims, etc.