Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Sony Pictures scraps Dec. 25 release of 'The Interview' over threats ................

2»

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I love it- - - - -ther bully who has been intimidating people for years finally pushes a little too hard and somebody bigger and meaner finally mops the floor with him! The North Koreans have been throwing temper tantrums long enough that they started believing their own propaganda! Let's hope their web access stays down for about a month! The next step should be a full naval blockade with a challenge for them to do something- - - -anything- - - -to give us an excuse to squash them like a bug. Of course Curious George won't have the balls to do anything overt!
    Jerry
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I love it- - - - -ther bully who has been intimidating people for years finally pushes a little too hard and somebody bigger and meaner finally mops the floor with him! The North Koreans have been throwing temper tantrums long enough that they started believing their own propaganda! Let's hope their web access stays down for about a month! The next step should be a full naval blockade with a challenge for them to do something- - - -anything- - - -to give us an excuse to squash them like a bug. Of course Curious George won't have the balls to do anything overt!
    Jerry

The only balls CG knows are the ones with Titlest written in them ... Michelle has his in her purse. Anyway he is on vacation for the rest of the year so he can't be bothered with trivial stuff like attacks on LEOs or such.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    NK needs attention from abroad, and they got it.
    This was achieved in the worst possible way: An "undercover" group bullied their way out of a capitalist corporation that dared to make fun of the dear leader. That said, Sony isn't there to make politics, but money for its investors and that's it, and so are armies of lawyers ready to pounce on them for their resources if something ever happens to anyone regarding this matter.
    Maybe 70 years ago media corporations were bold enough to face the Nazi madmen and the **** military gang, and actors even dared to enlist and fight, but that's ancient history. Today with their lives exposed 24/7 and internet bullies chasing them, they will 1st. ask their lawyers and public relationships managers before doing anything.

Meanwhile, average NK citizen is probably unaware about this discussion, since the regime would never allow them to learn there's a movie somewhere about their dear leader's death in the hands of a couple of alleged Western journalists. They will be fed with the data the regime feels is adequate for them to listen, and only hard-core followers will be rallied for propaganda against "some Western insult".

Obama? Another irrelevant political issue to touch that will distract public opinion. Win-win situation.

Oh yes, and Sony will only need to launch "A night at the philatelic museum VII" in 3-D so in 2 weeks no one will remember "The interview" and meanwhile make another gazillion dollars (Hey, mega-yachts need make-overs too....you can't navigate the Caribbean with the same deck furniture you used last summer, can you?).
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    Sony announced a little while ago that they will release the movie on Dec 25. But a lot of theaters won't show it because of threats. It's being shown in ATL, somewhere, but I'm not going to see it because I don't go see movies in the theater. If I was a theater-going person, I'd instead see "Unbroken" or "American Sniper." Which open the same day.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • BingBing Member Posts: 95 Member
    Score one for the first amendment. Belcourt Theater in Nashville and other venues showing The Interview starting Christmas Day!

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2014/12/23/nashville-belcourt-theatre-will-screen-the-the-interview/20816727/
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Wow! All 15 Vandy hippie wannabes who usually attend Belcourt movies should enjoy the film!
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry
  • BingBing Member Posts: 95 Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Wow! All 15 Vandy hippie wannabes who usually attend Belcourt movies should enjoy the film!
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry

It sold out in less than one hour. They have 10 showings between Christmas and Sunday and they are rapidly selling out. Art theaters and other independents all over the country are showing it and it sells out almost as soon as it is announced that it is being shown.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,205 Senior Member
    Showing at one of our local theatres also.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    I enjoyed Pineapple Express, so I had every intention of watching The Interview even before all of the hub-bub. Watched it in the comfort of my own home while bundled up on the couch, enjoying a bit of Glenlivet. Honestly wish more movies were released this way. I really don't like going to the cinema, actually haven't been to a new movie since The Dark Knight was released.

I thought it was a legitimately funny movie. Not funny enough to straight up purchase it, but when it comes out on Redbox I'll be watching it again.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,205 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Showing at one of our local theatres also.

The boss saw it tonight, said it was kind of Pulp Fictionish, blood, drugs, weird sex, not her thing, said she would have left if her friend would have gone with her.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Sony announced a little while ago that they will release the movie on Dec 25. But a lot of theaters won't show it because of threats. It's being shown in ATL, somewhere, but I'm not going to see it because I don't go see movies in the theater. If I was a theater-going person, I'd instead see "Unbroken" or "American Sniper." Which open the same day.

That's what they wanted us to think. American Sniper only opened in Dallas, New York and Los Angeles on December 25th. The rest of us poor shmucks have to wait until January 16th.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    That's what they wanted us to think. American Sniper only opened in Dallas, New York and Los Angeles on December 25th. The rest of us poor shmucks have to wait until January 16th.
    ...which makes it eligible for an Oscar nomination. If it gets nominated for an Oscar (they released this year's nominee list on January 16th) they can use it as a marketing tool.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine