Last Day of Muzzle Loader Season - .50 Caliber Devastating Results!

2»

Replies

• HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    twa, Yew should have known better than to make this post. I laughed so hard I thought I might kneed the hemlock manover........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,311 Senior Member
    PETT, People for the Ethical Treetment of Trees will be all over his ash about this.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,498 Senior Member
    You guys can't see the forest through the trees. He alder shot the buck but...yep you kilt it!

Rule #1: You shoot it you eat it! How did it taste and how long did you have to boil it before it got tender?
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    I actually wish I had a chain saw at the time, would have made for an interesting conversation piece in the man cave. I have many great memories of lost opportunity's over the years and this will just add to the collection!
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,384 Senior Member
    That's a great attitude to have. When it's your first deer, you might get salty, but as you gain experience and kills, these little hiccups simply enrich you as a hunter.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,550 Senior Member
    twa wrote: »
    I actually wish I had a chain saw at the time, would have made for an interesting conversation piece in the man cave. I have many great memories of lost opportunity's over the years and this will just add to the collection!

Well, its a good bet it didnt run off. I would put it in the man cave. As long as it is the last one.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Well, its a good bet it didnt run off. I would put it in the man cave. As long as it is the last one.

Problem now is I am about a 100 plus miles from it and won't be back until next fall!
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,550 Senior Member
    Problem now is I am about a 100 plus miles from it and won't be back until next fall!

Likely it will remain with its herd in the area. Take the saw next year.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    If I remember I will, that 10 pointer will probably be dancing in my head when I pack up to go back. :drool:
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,780 Senior Member
    If I remember I will, that 10 pointer will probably be dancing in my head when I pack up to go back. :drool:

He wood be wise to take a stand by another tree
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,736 Senior Member

Hmmm.......Normally you would take your trophy deer head and mount it on a wooden shield. Wonder how you would mount a trophy piece of wood.............Maybe put it on a deers head?..............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    Go back and cut it out then mount it on another section of tree trunk like twa mounted those deer heads! It's worth the effort, and it'll give you something to talk and laugh about for years to come! It's Hickory, by the way! About as tough a species as you have in your area. Soft lead muzzleloader projectile did a hellova job, didn't it!