Home Main Category General Firearms

Help me decide my last 2014 purchase

rallykidrallykid Senior MemberPosts: 657 Senior Member
Went to the doc today and he cleared me to drive. Of course my first trip is going to be to the gun store. So with that being the case, help me decide on my last 2014 purchase. Here are the contenders.

Savage Mk II FV-SR (it will be getting restocked in a Boyds wood stock)
Savage 93r17 TRR-SR
Ruger LCR

Last 2014 purchase 15 votes

Savage FV-SR
40% 6 votes
Savage 93r17 TRR-SR
6% 1 vote
Ruger LCR
53% 8 votes
No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.

Replies

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,311 Senior Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,861 Senior Member
    pjames777 wrote: »
    Ruger LCR
    :agree:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Savage FV-SR
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,426 Senior Member
    rallykid wrote: »
    Went to the doc today and he cleared me to drive. Of course my first trip is going to be to the gun store. So with that being the case, help me decide on my last 2014 purchase. Here are the contenders.

Savage Mk II FV-SR (it will be getting restocked in a Boyds wood stock)
    Savage 93r17 TRR-SR
    Ruger LCR

Need more info: Prices, purpose, and any other comparable platforms in the safe?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Need more info: Prices, purpose, and any other comparable platforms in the safe?

I don't currently own a bolt gun and want a .22 bolt gun for a suppressor host and target shooting, also maybe pest control work. Pretty much the same for the .17. Don't have one, want one, love the round but never delved into buying one. The LCR is to replace the LCP that the wife claimed for her own as i don't have a pocket backup gun right now.

Going to get them all, this is just to decide which one to buy first.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    I don't currently own a bolt gun and want a .22 bolt gun for a suppressor host and target shooting, also maybe pest control work. Pretty much the same for the .17. Don't have one, want one, love the round but never delved into buying one. The LCR is to replace the LCP that the wife claimed for her own as i don't have a pocket backup gun right now.

In that case, a backup SD gun sounds like a more pressing need. LCR.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,426 Senior Member

Since you are recuperating at home, .22, clean up the nighborhood with your free time, then LCR, then .17, depending on the deals you fin.d
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    LCR in 357 if they don't have a 44 available yet. You could get another LCP and have Eli make them his and hers.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,569 Senior Member
    Fv-Sr. Mine is far and away the most accurate 22 I have. Super fun. I love what Eli did with his, gotta get one of those stocks.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,635 Senior Member
    I'd get an LCRx then.

In real life, the LCR is too light for .357 and .38 spl +P; the exposed hammer gives more options than the LCR.

As far as the hammer snagging, just cover it with your thumb on the draw, it won't snag.

Pocket and IWB holsters for a SP 101 are a perfect fit.

And you can shoot these and become friends with Tennmike!
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,008 Senior Member
    Last day of thye year, Rally. Whatcha gettin?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    And the winner is.

A $1200 car repair and a kid that came home from daycare early with a fever. Kind of killed the shopping plans. Might have to at least order something online with my C&R.
    Ok, so no gun. However i did order 1000 rounds of ammo, 10 AK mags, a replacement hammer spring for one of my AK's, the parts to complete my SBR build and a few other miscellaneous parts. Plus i think i can save enough on the car repair to at least order the FV-SR. Next paycheck will put a nice dent in the LCR and we will be golden. Wanted to do it in 2014 but oh well, a couple of days won't kill me.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,236 Senior Member
    Freaking Car Repairs! Just had to dump $700 in my wife's yesterday. :angry: Sounds like you have a good plan and got some nice stuff anyway. :beer:
    Put around $3000 into the wifes car and now it needs brakes on all 4 corners and a rear axle seal, mine needs brakes and a throw out bearing so i am having the just replace the clutch and pressure plate as well. Stupid front wheel drive. Rwd i can do a clutch myself in 3 hours with hand tools.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    At that point, car payments sound cheaper.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine