Police officer accidentally shoots himself in Cincinnati

2»

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,937 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Stupidity at it's best. Why couldn't he have given the box to his wife to hold.
    Couldn't, his brains were in the box 89.gif
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    It was not about the box, this guy was not trained properly or he did not take his training seriously enough, why was he dabbling with his sidearm in public anyway ?

If his holster was troublesome, he could have purchased a new holster, had the old one repaired etc..... this is a tragic cascade of errors that could easily have been prevented by what you ask?

Drinking while carrying a sidearm is not such a great idea either, the concept of LEOs having a few drinks and driving home is past history, although many LEOs did so in the past, myself included, pulled over ? Show your tin & ID and no worries.....too easy to fall prey to impaired judgement due to the effects of alcohol....

In the words of that mythical Detective from Belgium, Hercule Poirot, "by making use of the leetle grey cells, Hastings,.......", the human brain !!!!!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,996 Senior Member
    Saw it on a big monitor - it's a Glock 26/27.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,265 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    "Police officer accidentally shoots himself in Cincinnati"- - - - - - -Hmmmmm- - - - - -I wonder which body part he calls "Cincinnatti"? Looks like it was somewhere in the groin area to me!
    :uhm:
    Jerry

I was thinking the same thing.Wonder if his voice changed
    104RFAST wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing.Wonder if his voice changed

He most likely had two, maybe he only shot off one berry, maybe only his twig....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,411 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Saw it on a big monitor - it's a Glock 26/27.

Not saying you're wrong, but to me it looks 'tall' in the slide for a Glock. Like Wambli, I was thinking Walther.

As to the idiot with the gun...I hope he is able to learn and never blames his own stupidity on a lack of safety devices. Anything else is intellectually dishonest.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Main point, he drew his sidearm even though he was not going to intentionally shoot anything, he faddled with said gun, then pulled the trigger, he shot himself....
    Total lack of safety between the ears.
    Probably should learn not to imbibe alcohol whilst carrying.
2»