Cop killer executed tonight in GA

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 10,370 Senior Member
And good riddance. I'm attaching a video of the shooter, taken by a unit camera, which is graphic and probably shouldn't be viewed by some people. It shows how a routine traffic stop can get dangerous quickly.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=969_1263249923#lE2bEzlBXrGBx663.01
Not too many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Replies

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Second that ... GOOD DAMN RIDDANCE!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    This video clip should be included in training by all Law Enforcement agencies / traffic stops, tragic consequences, many important lessons to be learned here... when control of a traffic stop is lost, the consequences are tragic.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,379 Senior Member
    I hope he rots in Hell.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,948 Senior Member
    That reminds me of the one in Cuba that's been hiding out there for years. When Obummer renewed relations with Cuba they said she might get extradited back here to face trial. If she does she might be dead meat. But then again, I think she killed the cop up north somewhere that they don't have a death penalty so she'll probably just be a ward of the state for the rest of her life. Too bad she didn't do it in Texas, we could have helped her assume room temperature.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Why bother with all of that faldaral ?
    Offer a bounty on her and let the Cubans cash in on it.... you place a bounty on pests and varmints like her....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,666 Senior Member
    I'm sure that outcome took way to long to come about.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,111 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Second that ... GOOD DAMN RIDDANCE!
    And I third it
    Buford wrote: »
    I'm sure that outcome took way to long to come about.
    Unfortunately, you are probably right
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,590 Senior Member
    Snake

Joanne Chesimard

http://www.njlawman.com/feature%20pieces/joanne%20chesimard.htm

I worked in that prison.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Why is it, 17 years pass from the time of the killing, to the execution? I don't understand out legal system. I have no objection to capital punishment, but after 17 years, what's the point? You've dragged the survivors along for the ride. It's barbaric to them. No one cares about the perpetrator...but the family members deserve swifter satisfaction.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    I agree with DanC on this one. Why it takes so long for execution is stupid especially when a video shows the crime. Too bad the police officers first shot wasn't a head shot. White cop white attacker where was Al Sharpton? One thing Russia does correctly, when sentenced to death someone walks by your cell and shoots you in the head. Appeal that! :that: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,370 Senior Member
    Why is it, 17 years pass from the time of the killing, to the execution? I don't understand out legal system. I have no objection to capital punishment, but after 17 years, what's the point? You've dragged the survivors along for the ride. It's barbaric to them. No one cares about the perpetrator...but the family members deserve swifter satisfaction.

I agree, but if you put a time limit on execution times, you may as well outlaw capital punishment. That's just the way it is. Does it have a point? I don't know, certainly don't think capital punishment is a deterrent, but think it's what CS Lewis called "just desserts." That being the case, it can come late, but never too late. Lewis was an opponent of capital punishment, by the way.

I think it's a good training film, likely to illustrate (at a great cost) the dangers of a situation going too far. I read somewhere the killer used to taunt jailers and LEOs by acting out the Officer's cries before he executed him.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,765 Senior Member
    There is no reason the appeals system couldn't be fast-tracked in capital cases (except politics). I'm not talking about abbreviating the hearings, just scheduling them promptly. The evidence is the evidence, and an appeal is to ascertain whether the defendant received a proper trial, not to wait for new evidence to surface or be manufactured.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,520 Senior Member

I agree. 17 years is far too long.

This does illustrate the "any stop" line of thinking.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Gene L wrote: »
    I think it's a good training film, likely to illustrate (at a great cost) the dangers of a situation going too far. I read somewhere the killer used to taunt jailers and LEOs by acting out the Officer's cries before he executed him.

You can see that monster taunting the Officer and acting the fool in the dash cam footage, the Officer gave him too many chances to comply, the suspect had enough slack to retrieve a long gun and start shooting.

That man was bought and paid for once he started going back to the truck in full non compliance with the Officers lawful instructions.
    No, once he started going back to the truck in non-compliance does not justify use of deadly force in GA. Which makes this situation hard to call. In retrospect, it was what led to the deputy getting shot, but the deputy didn't know he was going to pull that rifle.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    I can't speak for GA, however, just sticking ones hands in ones pockets not complying and other stupid stuff can get a suspect shot in many jurisdictions, an Officer should not have to feel bullets hitting him before reacting, ROE not withstanding..

This guy was off the hook, I could see if he simply behaved normally, then reached into his truck, you might give him benefit of doubt, but this guy did all manner of crazy acts, enough for the Officer to fear for His safety and his life, sufficient justification by the penal code of NYS for instance.

As I was told in training many times by various TOs in the field, I don't care what they taught you in the academy, this is what you do if (example here) happens, you may face a review board etc.... but you will still be alive.

They were not telling us to shoot people at the drop of a hat, they were saying "don't let blindly following the manual get you killed in the line of duty."

Many Officers actions and reactions are judment calls.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Hell, suspects are shot all the time for "reaching" and many of them aren't armed. I know of no instance where the officer is charged, but there may be some.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    This happened to me, at around 3 am, a Lady friend felt ill and asked me to take her to the hospital, I was low on gas, and agreed to take her, but stated I would need to get gas soon, well,I ran out of gas in front of the hospital and she begins to nag me, so I tell her she is really ungreatfull.

What does she do ?
    Tells the hospital security guard a story, that I have a gun etc..... two marked cars arrive, one in front, one in back, and of course I comply, tell them I have credentials, they let me hand them over carefully to an officer that runs over to a patrol car to run them through the computer.... the female officer has me covered but she is nice though, no big deal, the other officer comes back announcing all is well, gives me my credentials etc.... then they apologize to me, I smile and thank them for not shoosting me, they laugh and shake my hand.

The female officer then reads my friend the riot act and said she should be arrested for making a false report etc...

Now if I had been a pompous ass or acted crazy, who knows what might have happened, but truth is, police officers can't wait around and let people shoot at them.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    This video clip should be included in training by all Law Enforcement agencies / traffic stops, tragic consequences, many important lessons to be learned here... when control of a traffic stop is lost, the consequences are tragic.

Excellent point. We've all seen "Cops" and "Police Danger" type videos where the thug is armed and shoots at the cop who's just making a traffic stop.

Far too many LEOs do not take "routine" traffic stops that seriously, I think -- I of course have zero personal or statistical info on that -- I'm just basing my comments on the videos I've seen on TV. But it DOES happen and LEOs need to be more careful, bless 'em!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    Hell, suspects are shot all the time for "reaching" and many of them aren't armed. I know of no instance where the officer is charged, but there may be some.

And now you know why. As to them not being charged, there were two recently, in fact. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/13/2-albuquerque-officers-charged-with-murder-in-march-shooting/
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,332 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    And now you know why. As to them not being charged, there were two recently, in fact. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/13/2-albuquerque-officers-charged-with-murder-in-march-shooting/

This guy has done it twice, innocent both times

http://news.yahoo.com/montana-police-officer-breaks-down-after-shooting-unarmed-man-video-165338667.html
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician