Anybody shot the 100gr.9mm Powerball ammo out of a Beretta 92?

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 10,809 Senior Member
LGS has 20 rnd boxes on clearance for 7$, I bought one just because. Any reason I should not go get the rest?

He also had some 5.7 Spitfire ammo on clearance, if you have need of that let me know.
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    If that's what it takes to make your Beretta reliable, go get the rest. Personally, I would be looking for some 147 Grain stuff to feed it. I'm a big proponent of "heavy for caliber" ammo for SD.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,935 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    LGS has 20 rnd boxes on clearance for 7$, I bought one just because. Any reason I should not go get the rest?

He also had some 5.7 Spitfire ammo on clearance, if you have need of that let me know.
    I would test them first, probably in wet newsprint if you can. I saw the results of the 135 gr in wet newspaper and they fragment badly. I imagine they are fast and will fragment worse than the 135's.
    If I could find some I'd get them just to shoot stuff for fun and since they are +P, I'd use a Blackhawk not a pistol.
    " This has been a note from Ned".
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,809 Senior Member
    Thanks guys, I was just asking because it is supposedly a more "premium" ammo and I have not seen a box of 9mm hollowpoints for $7 in quite some time.

Here is a link for the 5.7 Spitfire, interesting.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Spitfire
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,795 Senior Member
    That's $17.50 for 50 rounds. I think I would rather have a box of 124 gr gold dots.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,809 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    That's $17.50 for 50 rounds. I think I would rather have a box of 124 gr gold dots.

D

Are you getting 50 9mm Gold Dots for that price? If so, where?