Who needs guns when you have corn?

124»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,834 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Any kind of attack resistance training is useful but let's get real here, the principal is a dope. FOOD CANS?!?!?! How about arming teachers with tasers if your don't want guns in your classrooms. How about changing the classroom doors to lockable bullet proof doors so at least if a shot rings out every teacher can lock their classroom up. Why not have all teachers go through a mandatory SD training with special emphasis on disarming a BG. There are SO many REAL plans that can be instituted and here she is making a food drive some sort of a suitable SD measure... Dear Lord!
    I agree, and no it's not even a start. The Libtards need to face the facts and allow teachers to be trained and armed at least with tasers. This is insane to not act wit reasonable force when you know there is a possibility of more school shootings. The Antis would rather keep the kids at risk to pursue their stupid agenda. This whole idea is loony tunes. Shoot the perps before they can kill anybody. To give in to this kind of poppy cock is just more appeasement to the Anti Gun Crowd.

Face it, somebody maniacal enough to shoot up a school probably isn't going to be deterred by flying can goods. If it pisses him off bad enough which it probably will, he may go really over the top and start double tapping everybody. He needs a good dose of lead poisoning to stop the madness.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,972 Senior Member
    I assisted on a project to secure a local school back in MI at the request of parents and the school administration. When we presented our recommendations, we were applauded....when we told them the cost, we were met with dumb silence...in the end, they decided that hand-wringing was a better deal....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,245 Senior Member
    I have been involved twice as the Fire Department presence in "shooter" drills in school. You might notice that I left the "active" off that is usually used to describe the attacks on schools. Totally ignored a shooter that was there to kill everyone that he could. Of course everything worked out perfectly, they saved all the kids. :roll:
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I suppose schools could take the same route the airlines took and harden all access points, most walls in older school buildings will stop bullets, replace doors to classrooms with ballistic proof doors of some type and keep them closed during class so a shooter has limited access to students.

I think part of the problem is real security measures are not being taken.
    All this lockdown stuff is cute, it is a semblance of doing something proactive to lockdown all schools if someone sneezes, but not very helpful.

Implementation of real security measures that will severely limit a shooters access to students will actually prevent shootings.

How does a shooter gain access to a school ? They simply walk in ! This means schools are not secure.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,834 Senior Member
    "There are worse things then being shot/killed."

Yeah? Name one. Unless you are a radical Muslim seeking to be with his 72 virgins, I can't think of much worse, unless they torture you and THEN kill you. OK one case, I guess if you're a grown man with a dose of macho it would appeal more to you to die with your chest out and your middle finger pointed at the killer, but for kids I don't see that as a positive.

Nope! For me, I say quit letting the Libtards make these decisions and arm the damn teachers and administrators and give them good training so somebody has at least a valid opportunity of blowing the perp away before he can hurt anyone.

I want to see every school in this country with signs out front like this! Perps Enter at your Own Risk. Everyone Here is ARMED and Ready to Blow YOUR SORRY ASS AWAY!!!

Or maybe, "You'll Find No Corn Here, ONLY 150 grain Bite Sized Bits of LEAD for Your Sorry Sick Ass!!!"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
124»