Liam Neeson's gun control rant sparks calls for movie boycott

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 890 Senior Member
Liam Neeson's gun control rant sparks calls for movie boycott Liam Neeson has made a dangerous new enemy.
Gunmaker PARA USA has called for an industry boycott of movies starring the actor after he criticized U.S. gun policy during a press tour for his latest film. In a statement posted on its Facebook page Saturday, PARA said it "regrets" providing firearms for the action blockbuster "Taken 3" and won't provide guns for any more of Neeson's films. Maybe if more gunmakers took this position that actors that benefit from this hypocrisy would get the message.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/19/news/liam-neeson-gun-control-boycott/index.html

List of Celebrities that support gun control.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/celebrities/nra-releases-list-celebrities-organizations-support-gun-control

Lone Survivor star Mark Wahlberg: Prohibited from touching guns?
http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=10699

I would like to see more boycotts of stars that promote Gun control, yet star in movies that promote use of guns and how they stop bad guys using them. It is time we start using our purchase power to get their attention.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Idiot..............good actor/good movies, but he is biting the hand that feeds him and he makes a lot of $$$$ off using guns in his movies.

Like I've said many times on here in the past..............you gotta separate the politics of actors/musicians/writers from their works and look beyond them or you will find yourself painted in a corner for this or that reason or cause they are supporting.

Hypocrisy is too good a term for him and MANY others. It is a slap in the face to lawful gun owners to hear him spew that nonsense. It is up to you/us how far you take your displeasure with his statements.

To boycott or not......................I haven't made up my mind on this one. He hasn't gone on an anti-gun crusade like some has he like Rosie and others?

Hollywood is mostly anti 2A with some exceptions and mostly left wing to boot. Does it mean I will stop watching movies and TV...........nope.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,070 Senior Member
    He's entitled to his opinion....that being said; How much credibility can you give a guy that spends his life pretending t be someone else?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,526 Senior Member
    They make a fortune with their shootemup bang bang fantasy films, most don't know the first thing about guns, he can take his movies and cram them where the sun don't shine.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It makes me appreciate good gun loving/attention to correct detail with firearms actors like Tom Selleck all that much more!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    STOP watching anti gun actors daggnamit ! ROFLMAO !!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • lightkeeperlightkeeper Member Posts: 168 Member
    Para USA, who said they suppiied the weapons for his last movie has announced that they will no longer deal with films that he is in. It's something at least. Good for them.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Sounds flakey, prop companies buy the guns used in films and many times redesign them etc.. how would Para Ordnance know for what film any guns purchased by a Prop company will be used ?

Prop companies have vast amounts of stock guns for films anyway, and vast stores of all types of gun and gun related junk....

I think that statement is a public relations sound bite to sound good to gun owners.

Unless the Prop company could get free guns to use from Para Ordnance, using L.N.'s name...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996