Firearms enthusiasts crash gun buyback to hunt bargains

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
I think a feller in FLA was buying or trying to do it with people in line to turn in guns and the police threatened to arrest him, in Tampa (?) I thunk some years ago. Then it was in the news the gift certificates could not be used for guns/ammo only basketballs and sneakers or some such rubbish.

I think it is great and funny at the same time. A sad approach to cut down on crime by the gun grabbers.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/23/firearms-enthusiasts-crash-gun-buyback-to-hunt-bargains/
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,661 Senior Member
    They were doing that out here about 50 yards away from the drop off area. The Jack booted thugs threatened to arrest the individual for interfering with a police activity. Which was a bunch of bull crap he was letting people know what the value of their guns were.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    I like this comment;

'A 2004 study by the National Research Council cast doubt on whether the programs actually make Americans safer, finding the “guns that are typically surrendered in gun buy-backs are those that are least likely to be used in criminal activities,” explains the study

In contrast, those who are either using guns to carry out crimes or as protection in the course of engaging in other illegal activities, such as drug selling, have actively acquired their guns and are unlikely to want to participate in such programs," the study said.'

Who would have thought that?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,866 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I SO wish they would have one of those here, the $25 gift card for magazines would create ....a magazine shortage here in town. I saw some milsurp ar mags for $8 the other day. CHA-****!
    Yep, I have a hundred or so mags NEW that I paid $12 a piece for... YEAH, I could deal with $1300 profit :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,731 Senior Member
    I wish they would do one here as well. I have a Jennings J-22 that I need to get rid of and turn into another gun
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,672 Senior Member
    I have one of those jennings vest pocket .22s and a .380 the wife had before me residing in the bottom of the safe. Have always said I will turn them in for a buyback. Part of me would feel hypocritical though. But I might suffer through it to take some of bloombuggers money
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Those "Single Shot" Jamomatics are actually pretty cool looking and handy, if only they would make one that works good/reliably even if they raised the priced I'd really consider buying one. I have fired several over the years and they all jammed after 1 to 3 shots.

Didn't H&R or another company have a go at a similar pistol a while back? It failed too, I reckon. Problem with what was once an affordable acquisition of getting a halfway decent .22 pistol or revolver which would work for a reasonable price is they all went up in price or they simply are not made anymore.

I'm talking the H&Rs and their ilk. I guess Heritage Arms and a couple more are about it these days.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,857 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    I have one of those jennings vest pocket .22s and a .380 the wife had before me residing in the bottom of the safe. Have always said I will turn them in for a buyback. Part of me would feel hypocritical though. But I might suffer through it to take some of bloombuggers money

Nothing hypocritical about it. Not unless you buy into the Gun Grabbers BS, which I doubt very much you do.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I think Diver43 meant why do it because it gives the turn-in programs/gun-grabbers more credence in saying look at all these guns we have bought and taken off the streets.................

I also see a chance to stick it to them and use their own money to further my own shooting hobby, the very thing they want to eliminate.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Well, there's another way to look at it. Take a bunch of firearms that are turds, strip them of ALL internal parts, place parts in plastic bags, and sell the stripped firearms to the Po-Po. Then sell the bagged parts to Numrich (Gun Parts Corp.). Double dip, as it were.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.