.308 reloaders.....favorite powder?

2»

Replies

• jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,508 Senior Member
    I shot my 308 yesterday, final load work up/zero.

I'm pushing a 168 A max @2661 fps with CFE223, my best group was under .2", and most groups were in the .4" range. ES was 9.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    jbohio wrote: »
    I shot my 308 yesterday, final load work up/zero.

I'm pushing a 168 A max @2661 fps with CFE223, my best group was under .2", and most groups were in the .4" range. ES was 9.

Good shootin, what rifle are you using?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    My .308 likes IMR 4064 the best, using a 150 gr. Barnes TTSX bullet. My 30.06 and my .375 H&H like 4064 too.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,508 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Good shootin, what rifle are you using?

It's a Rem 700 PSS(?). It's a factory built police sniper rifle, 26" heavy barrel, factory 2 stage trigger that breaks at 1.5lb, HS Precision stock.
    My gun smith built new sniper rifles for a local agency, took these in on trade. They were all covered in Krylon, ugly. He cleaned them up, set the barrel back a thread, re cut the chamber, worked the action over. I had him thread the barrel, and bolt handle while he was at it.

0b1e835e-b045-40b1-99e9-409b49c5421f_zps0djhsofp.jpg
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,059 Senior Member
    Varget is my fav.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    jbohio wrote: »
    It's a Rem 700 PSS(?). It's a factory built police sniper rifle, 26" heavy barrel, factory 2 stage trigger that breaks at 1.5lb, HS Precision stock.
    My gun smith built new sniper rifles for a local agency, took these in on trade. They were all covered in Krylon, ugly. He cleaned them up, set the barrel back a thread, re cut the chamber, worked the action over. I had him thread the barrel, and bolt handle while he was at it.

0b1e835e-b045-40b1-99e9-409b49c5421f_zps0djhsofp.jpg

Nice looking rig you got there.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!