Anyone watch American Hoggers tonight on A&E?

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,623 Senior Member
I thought it was fairly entertaining and for the most part true to life on hogs in Texas. I found the old man funny in a cantankerous sort of way. the daughter is hot and she aint askeered of runnin down them hogs.
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,832 Senior Member
    No, I haven't watched that yet. But they need to make a movie about me hog hunting at night. That would go to the moon in ratings. What with me hobbling around out there in the salt grass in the dark stepping over Rattlesnakes, trying to be quiet, and every once in a while emitting some foul smelling gas or a loud belch, Slapping mosquitos all over my body, running everything but the snakes off, trying to keep from shooting myself in the dark, I'm sure it gets seriously comical......

Seriously, my youngest son is a real ****. He goes out with his buddies and they leave their guns in the trunk and follow a bunch of yelping hog dogs into the night, stepping over those same snakes and only holding an 8 inch knife. They wait till the dogs get the hog cornered and one of em, probably the drunkest one, walks up and tries to cut the hog's throat! Talk about Neandrathal Nuckle Draggers! Wow!

BTW, the dog mortality rate is very high in this sport. Poor Pouchy gets to tangle with a 300+ pound Boar with 5 inch razor shapr tusks. This is just not my idea of pleasure.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • pbearperrypbearperry Member Posts: 91 Member
    American Hoggers is ok.The only problem with it is that it's like all the other reality shows.Four minutes of action and then five minutes of commercials.Then they return and show you some of what you saw before the commercials and give you two more minutes of action and right back to commercials.Even if the daughter was nude,I would still get annoyed.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,389 Senior Member
    I actually somehow ended up at the premier party for that show and got to meet the cast. Somehow one of my friends manages to get a line on this stuff all the time and sometimes I get to go to cool stuff, but anyway.

The show was alright, I could watch it if I didn't have much else to do. More-so, the cast are pretty nice people in real life, although they might have been in PR mode when I met them.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C