Home Main Category Hunting

Please shoot me in the face!!

jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior MemberPosts: 10,270 Senior Member
Moronic..............
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    I hope their lawyers have been paid.......only a matter of time when they will be needed
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,506 Senior Member
    I think if you're already at the point of luring tom turkeys to contact distance, you'll win a lot more style points by strangling them.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,270 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    I think if you're already at the point of luring tom turkeys to contact distance, you'll win a lot more style points by strangling them.

ninjagear.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,332 Senior Member
    My cousin and I have done the same thing in a winter wheat field as we were spotting and stalking spring turkeys using decoys and wearing ghillie suits...works like a charm. The key is knowing that you are the ONLY people working that field...Not something you'd want to do on public land... Also don't need to let the birds get quite that close... While you can safely get away with it out here I'll probably have to discontinue it when I get back to MI...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing!

it is kinda like the idiot who sprayed himself with doe estrous and a big buck attacked him ... he asked for the buck to get that close he shoulda man upped and used a Buck Knife!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    My cousin and I have done the same thing in a winter wheat field as we were spotting and stalking spring turkeys using decoys and wearing ghillie suits...works like a charm. The key is knowing that you are the ONLY people working that field...Not something you'd want to do on public land... Also don't need to let the birds get quite that close... While you can safely get away with it out here I'll probably have to discontinue it when I get back to MI...

Even if you do get caught trespassing, it's a $75 fine. Not a deterrent at all!

There has been nowhere, and I mean nowhere in Ohio that I have hunted where we didn't find trespassers. Never!

90% of the time it was Amish.........
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,332 Senior Member
    Things are a little different out here.... Thank God....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    This is really just an expansion of the classic "fanning" technique a lot of guys have used for years with a bit too much realism. The problem isn't even just trespassers that are your big threat, but poachers who wouldn't think much of trespassing AND rifle killing a turkey beyond visual ID ranges just for kicks...
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    This is really just an expansion of the classic "fanning" technique a lot of guys have used for years with a bit too much realism. The problem isn't even just trespassers that are your big threat, but poachers who wouldn't think much of trespassing AND rifle killing a turkey are beyond visual ID ranges just for kicks...

Shoot, I wear an orange hat when fishing because I can remember at least two people shot in the head because all that showed over the river bank was their brown hair........

And this one was just last year........... http://upload.ecvv.com/upload/Product/20107/China_Internal_Threaded_Tube20107181005322.jpg
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Whoops................ Always check your links kids!! embarrassed-1030.gif

http://www.cantonrep.com/article/20140506/News/140509440
    A 79-year-old man said he thought he saw a groundhog when he shot a woman out in a field on his farm Monday afternoon.
    The woman died Tuesday.
    The Stark County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating the shooting, which appears to be accidental, and no charges have been filed, said Sheriff George T. Maier.
    Natasha G. Stover, 22, of New Philadelphia, was an employee of the farm on Poorman Street SW. The man called 911 and the Brewster Fire Department responded and took the woman to Aultman Hospital. She suffered from a single gunshot wound to the head and died Tuesday in the hospital, the sheriff said.
    The Stark County Coroner’s Office referred questions to the sheriff on Tuesday.
    The investigation shows the woman was lying on the ground about 150 to 200 feet away shooting a BB gun at a target out in a field when the man saw the top of her head and thought she was a groundhog. He shot her with a long rifle, striking her in the head
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Will wearing antlers in camo get more deer during the season? :confused: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing!

it is kinda like the idiot who sprayed himself with doe estrous and a big buck attacked him ... he asked for the buck to get that close he shoulda man upped and used a Buck Knife!

Yeah, I agree, either that or give the deer some KY and shut the hell up! "Let the Games Begin!!!"

:love:................:popcorn:................:rotflmao:................:rotflmao:................:rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.