Home Main Category General Firearms

Part of my cleaning project

FreezerFreezer Senior MemberPosts: 1,756 Senior Member

These are a few of the cleaning project guns I've been working on. The first two batches were rifles that had been kept in a damp garage. Evidently my friend bought these pistols used. He shot them but never cleaned them thus they were badly leaded and filthy. One of the Glock 17s was filled with grease. That one took hours to clean.

Sorry about the bad pics I've never tried to upload pics on a forum. Your my Guinae pigs.
I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Photos work!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Dude plenty of nice revolvers there...........

Tell him you would like the entire 3rd row and a few others from row 1 and 2 :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,756 Senior Member
    There are three I'm interested in, the little Smith at the top of the second row, the Guardian that's not pictured here and the Marlin 39AS in the second pic. It has Willaims peep sites (great for my old eyes) and a good companian for my Single Six. I'd like to buy the Ruger BH 45lc/45ACP convertable 5 5/8 barrel (4th row 3rd down) and a Win 94 45 LC also but right now they don't fit a nich. I have a dream of Cowboy Action Shooting but I'm moving cross country soon and really can't afford it.

I pondered one of the Smith Titanium Carry Lites but I remeber shooting a friends, no thanks!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Dang, ain't there some kinda Rescue Program in place where he can be reported and most of them put in your Foster-Gun-Care.

Don't it make you cringe to see guns neglected like that.

At any rate, I hope you can deal for the ones you want.

Good luck! :guns::guns::guns::guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Row 3 3rd up from the bottom as choice #1

can you get some more pictures of the revolvers ?
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,712 Senior Member
    Great stuff there, hey.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,574 Senior Member
    DOH!!! There's the Marlin 1895 CB that I've been looking for......for years!:drool::drool::drool::drool:
    Nice collection.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,090 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    Row 3 3rd up from the bottom as choice #1

can you get some more pictures of the revolvers ?
    Whatcha thinkin' that is Mr. Weatherby sir? I see a couple That look like they'd fit into my collection NICELY
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    You are a very good friend and should be rewarded handsomely.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Depends what it is chambered for but the stocks look like Non Relieved Diamond targets so I'm thinking pre 15 or 18.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,090 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    Depends what it is chambered for but the stocks look like Non Relieved Diamond targets so I'm thinking pre 15 or 18.
    :worthy:

Guess who's getting a phone call and some pics if I ever find an OLD S&W I'm interested in :wink:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    Very nice. I'd be happy with any of the 4-6" barreled S&Ws, but 3rd row, top, would be my first choice.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,690 Senior Member
    Nice guns! I'd keep the Marlin 39a too. Will you get the ones you choose as "payment" for cleaning the whole batch or you'll have to show some cash for them (If so, hope the prices are good)?

Years ago I volunteered to clean the guns of the local "CSI" exhibition/museum; took me a whole day (Most had light rusting, uncleaned bores from long ago and dry grease) couldn't get any of the very nice pieces (Around 50 assorted weapons) but at least was able to test-fire a few of them in their range, including a few old SMGs. Well spent time & cleaning materials!
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,756 Senior Member
    I'm not really sure what I'll get yet, the Guardian fits an empty nitch well and he said that one is mine. The Marlin 39 A will fit another as I don't have a lever 22, I love 22s and I'm going to push for that one also. The third I may have to buy and will be the small Smith 38 with rubber grips, It's a better carry piece and a good one in the night stand. The only real problem I have with the Guardian right now is it's not legal to transfer it in Ca. I'm moving and own a house in Pa so I'll have to work out the legistics at the LGSs here and Pa.
    So how about a rundown on the models ?

Did I mention I tend to like S&W revolvers.....LOL
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    When you come to PA, drop me a line.
    Where abouts in PA you heading?

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,690 Senior Member
    Freezer wrote: »
    ...... The Marlin 39 A will fit another as I don't have a lever 22, I love 22s and I'm going to push for that one also......

If you don't succeed with that Marlin I can suggest you buying a Henry H001; not even close to Marlin's quality (Receiver is Zamac alloy, not steel) but for the price (Around $ 300 new) you can't go wrong with it. Made in USA, cheap, accurate, handy, light, with nice (Walnut) wood, and with lifetime warranty from the factory (Which by the way has a great customer service rating from owners). Got mine in 2004 and it's boring accurate even with cheap bulk ammo.

Good luck with your purchases.