Home Main Category General Firearms

Cabelas rifle scopes ?

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,958 Senior Member
Anyone ever use them, or had any experience with them? Just wondering if there worth the money.

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,756 Senior Member
    My brother had one on his rifle years ago and scraped it. I believe it was their Alsakan Guide series. That's al I know about them.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • U TU T Member Posts: 423 Member
    Freezer wrote: »
    My brother had one on his rifle years ago and scraped it. I believe it was their Alsakan Guide series. That's al I know about them.

I have 3x9 Alaskan Guide series on my 30-06. It was given to me, and is nice, but I wouldn't have bought it, just because I don't even know who makes it for Cabela's, and would rather buy brands I'm familiar with.
    If I had scraped it, I wouldn't scrap it, unless it was an ugly scrape, but have scrapped other scopes because of small scrapes.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Those chain/ Big Box and other joints get different companies to make the scopes for them and put their house brand on them. Probably as good as similar scopes in the same price range, maybe even a little better for the money because they have to attract customers with some type deal over the rest to sell them.

So just go look through some and if you like what you see, try one.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,740 Senior Member
    I bought one of their spotting scopes. It's OK, but not outstanding. I believe the brand name is Wind River, but it might be my imagination. They're Chinese scopes.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.