Home Main Category Clubhouse

Monarchy British TV Series

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
This is pretty good and gives insight to how it all began in England, very good history lesson. From Viking raids/invasions, Roman rule, Anglo-Saxons from Germanic tribes and the Normans ........................and all the infighting, treachery, allegiances made , kept and broken and a lot I surely didn't know that made Great Britain what it is today and what we based a lot of our own governing system on.

I'm not a fan of royal rulers, but there was a reason for it until better systems were adapted. It starts about AD 400 and goes up to today(or through Queen Victoria....?).

There are US versions (condensed, I reckon) too.

For example, there were fortifications around English towns/villages there to protect the inhabitants then the French/Normans came and started forcing the populace start building Castles which were built for and to protect the royals and subjugate the populations in villages beneath them.

Anyway, it has 11 episodes and I'm on #4, they have keep me interested thus far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_%28TV_series%29
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Speaking of Monarchs. Plantagenet....French descent.

"Remains of Richard III arrive at final resting place ahead of burial

Richard, the last Plantagenet king, was killed in battle against Henry Tudor in 1485 and buried hastily without a coffin in a long-demolished monastery."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03/23/remains-richard-iii-pass-site-death-in-1485-reburial-medieval-king-set-for/?intcmp=latestnews
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Well CRAP, it didn't go up through Queen VR (Victoria Regina).............stopped after Cromwell and with King Charles II coming outta exile...........dang they got rid of Kings and dammed if they didn't bring them back again....................it is in their blood I reckon. Still can't rid of them completely.

Oh well, we got a numb-nuts president who thinks he is Royalty..............