Home Main Category Clubhouse

Here we go again........

jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior MemberPosts: 10,125 Senior Member
Not surprising though. All of that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ floating around a bunch of 18-20 yo kids and they can't touch any? That would be hard to do.......

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/03/braxton_miller_advocare_ncaa_v.html
Ohio State looking into possible NCAA rules issue with Braxton Miller and potential endorsement photo

17354242-mmmain.png
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    No pity on for the kids. They have access to programs, tutors, and resources no normal student has. They also have 13+ opportunities a year to advertise their talents on the national stage. All they have to do is stay clean for 3+ years, get top notch educations, and move on and make millions. If they can not do that, then they don't deserve the rewards.

As to Braxton, if this is indeed a violation, he is an idiot of the highest caliber. He is rehabbing an injury with two other guys that have just as big a claim on his position. If this is dirty in the least OSU will drop him in a hot minute with the other two more than ready to take the reins. Remember it was Barret that lead them to the playoffs, and Jones that mopped up. OSU will not take a chance on further sanctions with a team poised to repeat as national champions. It is too bad, if he just tossed away his senior year, but how can you be so stupid? There is no way any student athlete at OSU doesn't know the rules after what we just went through.

I just hope this doesn't bite my Buckeye in the butt.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,125 Senior Member
    I don't pity or feel sorry for him, but I still think it would be hard to resist those temptations at that age......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    No pity on for the kids. They have access to programs, tutors, and resources no normal student has. They also have 13+ opportunities a year to advertise their talents on the national stage. All they have to do is stay clean for 3+ years, get top notch educations, and move on and make millions. If they can not do that, then they don't deserve the rewards.

As one river delta said to the other, my sediments exactly. If they're total idiots, then to hell with 'em, there are plenty more equally talented and maybe more judicious young people who will be happy to take that scholarship position.

Back when I was in school at Univ of Kansas (in the 60s) they had a program for the varsity athletes in some sports (track & field, wrestling, etc) to share rooms not with other athletes but with some of the scholarship students in the "honors" dorm. For about 3 months, Jim Ryun (the great miler) was my roomie. And so I met and hung out with some of the track and wrestlers and other varsity athletes. The vast majority of them were nice kids, pretty smart and hard workers, and knew that they had been given a terrific opportunity and were eager to succeed and not squander it.

So if there are jerks and idiots in the program, dump 'em. Lots of other ready to step up.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,286 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    I don't pity or feel sorry for him, but I still think it would be hard to resist those temptations at that age......

How old do you have to be before stupid is a bad thing?

I am real tired of hearing about the poor 24 y/o "kids" who dont know any better. They may not know better, but they aint kids and their actions just clear the way for their peers who are not idiots to jump on the train and wave as they leave the station.

The world needs ditch diggers to.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Who cares what happens to college jocks anyway. They go to school for free - no crushing student loans to pay off, they get invited to all the parties, they get all the chicks, and they get to be on TV. What the college and other people earn from their game playing is none of their business. Some really great players need to be kicked off their teams, and have their scholarships revoked for causing trouble - that should shut the rest up.
    I work near a high school that has one of the better football programs in Ohio and always sends a couple players to OSU every year. I see these kids walking to 6:30am practices YEAR round. Also see the homes and neighborhoods they are walking from. The only time in their lives they see thousands of dollars is during a drug deal or Momma got her EITC refund check!

To even get to OSU takes as much work as any honor roll student puts out. You all are talking tuff now but I bet you had as much patience as I did coming out of high school.............. none!
    I work near a high school that has one of the better football programs in Ohio and always sends a couple players to OSU every year. I see these kids walking to 6:30am practices YEAR round. Also see the homes and neighborhoods they are walking from. The only time in their lives they see thousands of dollars is during a drug deal or Momma got her EITC refund check!

To even get to OSU takes as much work as any honor roll student puts out. You all are talking tuff now but I bet you had as much patience as I did coming out of high school.............. none!

I'll take your money.
    At 17 my old man told me I could come back any time I wanted to, for a visit. It wasnt mean, it just was what it was. So I walked the walk, patience comes with acting like the adult you are. They are pampered wussies with a free ride because they got to waste their time playing games.
    Did you drink alcohol before you were of legal age? Couldn't wait?? :tooth:
    Did you drink alcohol before you were of legal age? Couldn't wait?? :tooth:
    Yep, and I drove way to fast and had carnal knowledge of women who were not my wife, and I accepted the responsibility for my actions. Only one person responsible for the outcome and if he doesnt weigh the potential cost then it is still his fault. Stupid costs, even for a pampered game player.