Home Main Category Clubhouse

Hey, look at me, I can outrun a speeding train.........

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,048 Senior Member
.................ah.................Nope.

http://www.fame10.com/trending-news/bravo-star-greg-plitt-died-trying-to-outrun-train/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=outbrain&utm_campaign=FT_OBN_NZ_DESK-NEWS

If, as the article suggests he was making an ad for a new energy drink............I don't think people will be queuing up to buy it............then again, it is CA....
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    I tried to out run a train today.

One was coming off base as I went through the main gate. I got fancy instead of just waiting and went two streets over to get across the tracks ahead of the train,
    Got caught and had to wait anyway.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    Well, they say that you can't fix stupid...but it appears that, at least in this case, stupid fixed itself.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    Apparently........that energy drink makes you almost as fast as a train.............and dumb as a box of hair.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    That was a stiff dose of chlorine for the gene pool.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,311 Senior Member
    Stupid often is its own cure! Saw the aftermath of a train vs. full sized P/U truck a few months back. Truck looked like it had been put in a car crusher at the junk yard. 300 yards down the track from impact and it wasn't pretty inside the cab......I thought the vehicle was a small import until a sheriff told that it was a Ford 150 extended....
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    olesniper wrote: »
    Apparently........that energy drink makes you almost as fast as a train.............and dumb as a box of hair.

Nah, he started dumb...the drink was merely along for the short, (briefly) painful ride.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Well, they say that you can't fix stupid...but it appears that, at least in this case, stupid fixed itself.

Ha! Good one! And very true. At least he wasn't driving with a carfull of friends and killed them, too.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Trains aren't afraid of pretty boys. Now if Moochelle Obummer had tried that stunt, the train would have taken a dirt road!
    Jerry
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    This is fitting...

"Dumb ways to die"..."Be safe around trains...brought to you by Metro"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJNR2EpS0jw

Granted, it's 3 minutes of your life you won't get back...but the song will get stuck in your head.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!