Geogia protesters walk all over US flag

GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior MemberPosts: 1,083 Senior Member
I want to see some protester's heads on a damned platter after this :angry:

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/news/local_news/flag-fracas-at-valdosta-state/article_8c1f2320-e559-11e4-93ad-dbffd6e2dfd8.html

Here is the state law, which they blatantly crapped on...

Georgia Law [Ga. Code Ann. Sec. 50-3-8 and 50-3-9]:

Sec. 50-3-9. Abuse of federal, state, or Confederate flag unlawful.

It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to mutilate, deface, defile, or abuse contemptuously the flag of the United States, the flag, coat of arms, or emblem of the State of Georgia, or the flag or emblem of the Confederate States of America by any act whatever.

Sec. 50-3-11. Penalty.

Any person, firm, or corporation who violates any provision of Code Section 50-3-8 or 50-3-9 shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

Misdemeanors are punishable by:

a fine of up to $1,000
up to 12 months in county jail
both a fine and time in county jail, or
up to 12 months in a state diversion center.
I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA

Replies

• 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,271 Senior Member
    Just a matter of time folks, one of these seemingly small left wing staged events will erupt into a brawl. Our colleges have become infected with pinko bas3erd$
    from top to bottom,including in some cases campus police.:fan:
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    I guess snipers would be frowned apon my management. Just like all the other rules, they can't be inforced with out being, a racist, sexist, homophobe, or anti something. I'm so tired of this crap. :angry: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I doubt Georgia's law against abusing flags and seals would stand judicial scrutiny, given our modern loose interpretation of the 1st Amendment, and especially if the objects were the personal property of the defiler.

That said, it's time the saps who donate to their alma mater's endowment learn to close their checkbooks whenever actions like this occur, and the university administration does nothing about it. Congress could pass legislation providing that no college that tolerates this kind of misbehavior would receive federal grants or research contracts. Money is everything to liberal college deans and it would be poetic justice to compel them to take drastic action against students behaving after their own hearts. Protesting and demonstrating are one thing, but there is a difference between acting as the "loyal opposition" to a policy or action, and disgraceful stuff like this.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,203 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    I guess snipers would be frowned apon by management.

:spittingcoffee:
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    I have mixed emotions about this as long as it's not vandalism (ie. Burning someone ELSE'S flag).

In order to burn a flag, you must first BUY a flag. This supports the American flag industry. What could be more patriotic than that? Heck... I wish they would buy/burn a whole CASE of them. :joker:

Their actions may be despicable, but they are being patriotic with their wallet, which is what really counts.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,666 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    I have mixed emotions about this as long as it's not vandalism (ie. Burning someone ELSE'S flag).

In order to burn a flag, you must first BUY a flag. This supports the American flag industry. What could be more patriotic than that? Heck... I wish they would buy/burn a whole CASE of them. :joker:

Their actions may be despicable, but they are being patriotic with their wallet, which is what really counts.

Luis

The Chinese American flag industry.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,953 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    Just a matter of time folks, one of these seemingly small left wing staged events will erupt into a brawl. Our colleges have become infected with pinko bas3erd$
    from top to bottom,including in some cases campus police.:fan:

Hell, half the populations has become a bunch of pinko Scumbags and they don't even realize it. When I read the part about the Campus Police taking up for the protesters I wanted to slap somebody,

:bang:.........................:bang:........................:bang:
    :buff:.....:buff:.....:buff:
    :mad:...................................:mad:...................................:mad:
    :angry:...................................:angry:...................................:angry:..
    :cuss:....................................:cuss:...................................:cuss:...
    :yikes:............................:fan:.........................:head:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,666 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Hell, half the populations has become a bunch of pinko faggots and they don't even realize it. When I read the part about the Campus Police taking up for the protesters I wanted to slap somebody,

:bang:.........................:bang:........................:bang:
    :buff:.....:buff:.....:buff:
    :mad:...................................:mad:...................................:mad:
    :angry:...................................:angry:...................................:angry:..
    :cuss:....................................:cuss:...................................:cuss:...
    :yikes:...............:fan:............:head:

What do you do? Things are out of control. I 'm fortunate enough not to have see some ass hat burning the flag because I would have serious issues with this.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »
    What do you do? Things are out of control. I 'm fortunate enough not to have see some ass hat burning the flag because I would have serious issues with this.

I don't really know what to do Buford, except go beat my pillow.... It sucks and our hands are tied. Hell the law seems like it's on their side.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Simple solution- - - - -pass an ordinance making it an "infraction", (not even a misdemeanor) to beat the snot out of anyone caught defacing a flag, with a maximum penalty of a $25.00 fine, and no jail time at all. Let's see how dedicated those flag-stompers are when they know some big Bubba is going to give then the mother of all butt-kickings!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    When I get to be king Flag desecration will become a capital offense.

:iwo:................................:usa:................................:nono:
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,371 Senior Member
    SCOTUS pretty well declared burning an American flag was protected under Amendment 1 back in 1989 or so.

BTW, a woman veteran, Michelle Manhart, an Air Force veteran who served in The Sand Box picked up the flag, was accosted by campus police and then gave the flag back. She wasn't charged. That's the good news.

The bad news is Michelle Manhart was demoted in the Air Force for posing naked in Playboy back in 2005, holding an American flag in strategic places and wearing a uniform, then parts of the uniform. And fully naked. She's a fox. But she also disrespected the flag, so she doesn't get a pass from me. After getting busted, she resigned with an honorable discharge.

Had campus police illegally arrested the protesters, it would have made the papers and next week dozens of students would be walking on flags on college campuses. Their are attention whores out there. Not so sure about Michelle, either. Google the name and you'll get some interesting pictures of her.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,379 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    And fully naked. She's a fox.
    To save you folks the trouble of doing an internet search... I can confirm Gene's assessment.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Whew. Thanks for confirming this Jerm. Now I don't have to go look myself.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,521 Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure this problem will sort itself out fairly soon. These flags are almost certainly the 'made in China' variety...protestors are going to be showing up with symptoms of lead poisoning at free clinics all over the country! :tooth:

That, and various infections associated with not bathing! :roll2:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Teach wrote: »
    Simple solution- - - - -pass an ordinance making it an "infraction", (not even a misdemeanor) to beat the snot out of anyone caught defacing a flag, with a maximum penalty of a $25.00 fine, and no jail time at all. Let's see how dedicated those flag-stompers are when they know some big Bubba is going to give then the mother of all butt-kickings!
    Jerry

One state, can't remember which one, passed just such a law making it a $25 fine for hitting a flag burner. I seem to remember this from way back, don't know if it stood or not. And can't remember which state, but I'll bet it wasn't on the Left Coast.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    It believe it was Georgia, Alabama, or Mississippi- - - -about 30 years ago, IIRC. The hippies who were protesting while we were getting ourselves shot at prompted that response. Some of us used to go hippie hunting in San Francisco in the 1970's, looking for the ones who wore American flags sewed on the butt of their pants. Those pants got removed with extreme prejudice!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

It should be the law that you have to assist them with every gallon of gasoline available to you!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
    After carefully studying her photographs, I stand behind her...firmly behind her...or in front of her. Wooo-hoo.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    SCOTUS

BTW, a woman veteran, Michelle Manhart, an Air Force veteran who served in The Sand Box picked up the flag, was accosted by campus police and then gave the flag back. She wasn't charged. That's the good news.

The bad news is Michelle Manhart was demoted in the Air Force for posing naked in Playboy back in 2005, holding an American flag in strategic places and wearing a uniform, then parts of the uniform. And fully naked. She's a fox. But she also disrespected the flag, so she doesn't get a pass from me. After getting busted, she resigned with an honorable discharge.

Her husband is still in the AF. Yep, she draped herself in a flag or facsimile of one. I appreciate what she did and all, but dang what she did wasn't exactly showing respect for the flag either. Flag/God/Apple Pie and naked gal wrapped in one?????

I don't like to our flag being treated like this and trampled on, however as upset as I and others may get seeing it, they are protected under the law. Good thing it is not happening all that often.

Also, flags are on everything these days from coffee mugs to clothes and more. I think it does matter in what context it is displayed too.

I don't wanna see people shot for desecration of a flag (US Flag) like in some dictatorship and at the same time hope any that mark Vets cemeteries/monuments/ schools/displayed on flag poles by patriotic citizens that are tampered with would result in serious consequences.

In fact those protestors would have been beaten, thrown in jail or just shot in a lot of countries in the world and I hope they learn enough in school to appreciate how lucky they are to live in the USA.

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Not that I didn't believe you Jerm, but somethings you just need to check things out for yourself, hehehe! I went to the pics and I can't see anything unpatriotic there. In fact I think she's a very patriotic lady, well maybe I use the term lady a little loosely.

Seriously, I don't care if there's a picture of her having sex on the flag, it doesn't take the guilt away from these Scumbags walking on a flag. And at least Manhurt had the balls, for lack of a better term,to try and stop this despicable act. Nobody else, including college police, did.

This is different than the case of Johnson Vs. Texas when that scumbag in Dallas help burn a flag in protest over Reagan's policies. That was not associated with any particular entity. This was on a college campus and the College should have some say about what happens on its property. They did come along after the fact and condemn the actions of the protesters, but it should never have been allowed by the college to get that far along.

Actually, the State of Texas tried to prosecute and convict Johnson when he burned a flag. He was convicted in Texas but when it went before SCOTUS, the decision was overturned. That was back when the balance on the court was more liberal. If we get a conservative in the White House, and he/she appoints some good SCOTUS justices, maybe some day a case like that will go before the court again and maybe with a more conservative court will change that ruling.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,222 Senior Member
    In truth, not much can be done about it. It's a so called protected act of speech protected by ruling from SCOTUS. Of course, a counter protest calling them the most vile names possible is free speech, too, unless there is a law barring such language; there are places that bar 'cussin' in public' with hefty fines for doing so. In which case using anatomically correct terminology would probably pass, and confound and confuse the target in the process.

The people who trample and/or burn the flag are not really worth notice. They are attention whores; don't give them any attention at all. They are beneath notice of any kind.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,032 Senior Member
    The protesters families must be So PROUD of their little darlings.