'Out-of-control family affair': Experts question Clinton Foundation's true charitable

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
'Out-of-control family affair': Experts question Clinton Foundation's true charitable spending

10% not 88% as they claim???

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/29/trickle-down-experts-question-clinton-foundation-true-charitable-spending/

"The charity run by the Clintons has raised $2 billion since it was founded in 2001 -- $144.3 million in 2013 alone -- but only a small fraction of the take went to its “life-saving work,” according to analysts who monitor non-profits.

The Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation claims 88 percent of the money it raises goes to actual charity work, but experts who have looked at the books put the number at about 10 percent. The rest, they say, goes mostly to salaries, benefits, travel and fund-raising.

“That claim is demonstrably false, and it is false not according to some partisan spin on the numbers, but because the organization’s own tax filings contradict the claim,” said Sean Davis, co-founder of The Federalist, a conservative online magazine.

The foundation, originally called the Clinton Global Initiative, has come under close scrutiny as Hillary Clinton prepares for a presidential run. Revelations in the soon-to-be-released book, “Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich,” by Peter Schweizer, have spurred numerous media investigations into the relationship between Hillary Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State, the foundation’s solicitation of foreign money and the ex-president’s lucrative speaking engagements around the world."

more

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/29/trickle-down-experts-question-clinton-foundation-true-charitable-spending/
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,775 Senior Member
    Yep, same goes with super PACs and all the other instruments that we've devised to legally bribe politicians and public figures. The other HUGE loophole is the business of book deals and paid speaking engagements. I'm sorry, no one on the planet is worth six figures for a 1 hours speech. I'd also love to see the financials behind politicians book deals. Almost all of them include high 6 to 7 figure "advances" up front, yet other than a few exceptions I doubt anyone actually buys or reads any of them other than maybe their own campaigns and superPACs.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Now they say (CF) will be more "Transparent" where have we heard that before?

Also will amend several years of tax returns...............................................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,181 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    IIRC Hillary got $10 million for that flop "It Takes a Village"... :bang:

It would appear from a cursory examination of Washington, D.C. that quite a few villages are missing their idiots. And I'm SAYIN'.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    It would appear from a cursory examination of Washington, D.C. that quite a few villages are missing their idiots. And I'm SAYIN'.

Theoretically speaking, you would think it was a good idea to keep them all in one place. In practice, not so much.....
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,310 Senior Member
    Yep, same goes with super PACs and all the other instruments that we've devised to legally bribe politicians and public figures. The other HUGE loophole is the business of book deals and paid speaking engagements. I'm sorry, no one on the planet is worth six figures for a 1 hours speech. I'd also love to see the financials behind politicians book deals. Almost all of them include high 6 to 7 figure "advances" up front, yet other than a few exceptions I doubt anyone actually buys or reads any of them other than maybe their own campaigns and superPACs.

You mean like the 5 million Obama got after the election but before he was sworn in?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    You mean like the 5 million Obama got after the election but before he was sworn in?

Yep, and as far as I can tell every single republican candidate has a book out within the last year or two and every one took home a massive advance despite anemic sales. It's the most obvious racket in politics right now. And if any of us think anything significant is going to change by electing any of them from either party we're going to be sorely disappointed.

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/noquarter/gov-scott-walker-got-rich-advance-for-book-but-poor-sales-b99231017z1-251709241.html
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Another good one on Bill Clinton and others and how they cash in after leaving office in exchange for helping wallstreet and other financial elite with their policies while in office. Also takes a fair number of swipes at Obama.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2012/05/its-not-about-reelection-bill-clintons-80-million-payday.html
    -DoctorWho
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Hmm. A good statistical project would be to check for correlation between countries visited by the Secretary of State and subsequent donations from said countries.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    Hmm. A good statistical project would be to check for correlation between countries visited by the Secretary of State and subsequent donations from said countries.

I thunk the book (Clinton Cash) addresses that?????