3 days and a wake up!

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,768 Senior Member
I'll be taking off late Friday morning to the other side of the divide for 3rd rifle season! Started putting together all my stuff yesterday, and will finish up today and tomorrow night.

Rifles are good to go, equipment is checked, now I just have to hit my gear in the anti UV/scent wash. Picking up my rental truck on friday morning, dropping my dog off with a friend after that, and then its a little over 3 hours to beautiful Sargents, CO.
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    Take pics!!!!!!
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,627 Senior Member
    Linefinder and I will be doing the same thing, except we won't be traveling near as far. We'll be hunting from my house.

Our first day I plan for us to be about 10 miles south of here. We both have buck tags, I have a bull tag, and Mike has a cow tag.

I have my fingers crossed.

Good luck, Dan.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 464 Member
    Good luck to all of you! Be safe.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,100 Senior Member
    Good luck, be safe, and have fun.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    According to Weather.com, snowing on Wed, cold the next few days, and fresh snow and 27 deg opening morning! Ups the odds for a good hunt, especially opening morning. The rest of the week looks to be cool (for Gunnison, low 30's) but sunny.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    knock one dead
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,688 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Linefinder and I will be doing the same thing, except we won't be traveling near as far. We'll be hunting from my house.

Our first day I plan for us to be about 10 miles south of here. We both have buck tags, I have a bull tag, and Mike has a cow tag.

Good luck, Dan.

Counting the hours, buddy! About all I have left to do is sharpen some bullets.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,627 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    Counting the hours, buddy! About all I have left to do is sharpen some bullets.

Mike

Sounds good. I'm putting the finishing touches to sighting in my knives.

I think we're ready.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Good luck and shoot straight!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,511 Senior Member
    Good luck to all of you guys. I hope to be seeing some great pics in a week or so
    Sounds good. I'm putting the finishing touches to sighting in my knives.

Good deal. Just remember the pointy end goes away from your eye. If you do it wrong, the recoil is gonna be a bear.

Mike
    N454casull
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,576 Senior Member

Good luck, Dan.

Me to, leaving at zero dark 30 fri. morning, drew a cow tag for 521. Good luck to all, be safe, and have a good time.
    JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    I know one thing for sure......hunting from Jerry's house is gonna be a whole lot different from our last elk foray. Camping at 11K in the Flattops. Cold....lemme tell you. There was no sitting around the campfire after sundown. When the sun dropped below the peaks, the temp followed it, and inside your -30F sleeping bag was the only sane place to be.

The last morning we were out there, I got up about twenty minutes before Jerry. Thought a heat wave had hit. Told Jerry it was "pretty warm this morning". I puttered around for almost an hour in a tee shirt.

Found out an hour and a half later that the temp had just then hit 25F. I've got no idea what it had been dropping down to at night....but it was cold.

Yep.....this year at Jerry's house sound right fine to me!

Mike
    N454casull
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,408 Senior Member
    Knock 'em dead boys (literally).
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 857 Senior Member
    Good luck all, sounds like exciting times ahead.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    Hope that everyone fills their tags. Best of Luck guys
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Man you know when a guy is excited when he has to let all of us know he has 3 days (now 2 days) and all the details of getting ready, I just love it. I am excited for you and take some pictures so we can share at least the scenery. Good luck and be safe.