Home Main Category Clubhouse

Checked out my local gun shop this morning....

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 16,920 Senior Member
Nice little place that has been there for a long time...the current owner is the grandson of the founder...he's an honest to god gunsmith...the walls are lined with single shot falling block target rifles (lots of Ballards) in obscure chamberings that he still shoots.. The first rifle I look at in the used gun rack is an 1873 Springfield Infantry rifle...perched next to it is a perfect .30-40 Krag in military drag complete with bayonet, next is a Harrington & Richardson Garand....on the floor is a 5 gallon bucket full of loaded enbloc clips.....the staff are all knowledgeable, crusty, curmudgeons....Not EBR in the place....I'm gonna like this place...
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Sounds like a good place to spend some time without all that "Operator" crap hanging off the walls like paint brush displays.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Not sayin Glocks/ARs/Tacticool gear and all the rest shouldn't be in shops, but there are plenty of places stuffed wall to wall with their ilk.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    . . .the walls are lined with single shot falling block target rifles (lots of Ballards) in obscure chamberings that he still shoots. . .

MMMMMMMMM. . . Balllllllllarrrrrrrdssss. . .AHHHHHHHHHHH. . .:drool:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Great! Sounds a lot like the LGS where I go. Good luck.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    Wish we had such a place, here.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    i need one of those nearby!!!

Look in yer house :tooth:
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,988 Senior Member
    I'll be expecting many pics of your soon to be many new acquisitions.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    Toto, we're not in Kansas any more..... You will suck soon.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 524 Senior Member
    NN, I don't know if it's still there but years ago there was an old pharmacy in New Bern that had a huge collection of civil war firearms displayed on the upper wall. It was there in the early '80s when I made several relic hunting trips to that area. It was on the main drag, Hwy 17, IIRC.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire