Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Chris Christie on the Patriot Act

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,871 Senior Member
From his Facebook Page:

The Senate's failure to extend the Patriot Act is a failure of the US government to perform its most important function - protecting its citizens from harm. This is the unfortunate result of misguided ideologues who have no real world experience in fighting terrorism putting their uninformed beliefs above the safety and security of our citizens. This dysfunction is what we have come to expect from Washington, DC, but usually it does not have such dangerous and severe consequences.

I'll leave this to y'all.
I'm just here for snark.

Replies

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Fat Boy ain't gonna make it past the primaries........I see where he is coming from and I see the opposition to the PA, as well.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    This is the 'big city' view of the world. I suppose that a person who represents metropolitan type places thinks this is only normal, since most of his constituents are expecting someone to take care of them. This is precisely why this country needs the electoral college system, and why the individual states must retain as much of their sovereignty as possible. We are in danger of having the big cities establish themselves as 'the norm' by which future laws will be made for everyone else. Chris Christie is one of the spokesmen for this, whether he realizes it or not.

    Personally, I rate him about the same as the average Democrat, with the exception being that he is occasionally right about some of the fiscal issues.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,324 Senior Member
    So he's "Big Brother" in more than just waist size then.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    I recently saw an article on FB that purports to quote him on this issue, and he said that we should be trading freedom for security. Doesn't THAT sound familiar?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I wouldn't vote for Christie to hold the job of scooping up the animal poop behind the circus parade. He's anti-freedom and pro-big government control over every aspect of people's lives, and he's no friend of the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendments. My personal opinion of him is that he is more suited to a totalitarian government structure.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I wouldn't vote for Christie to hold the job of scooping up the animal poop behind the circus parade. He's anti-freedom and pro-big government control over every aspect of people's lives, and he's no friend of the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendments. My personal opinion of him is that he is more suited to a totalitarian government structure.
    Unfortunately, we have a lot of these so-called "republicans" in the government, who I refer to as neocon statists. They are nothing more than progressives wearing a republican suit.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Unfortunately, we have a lot of these so-called "republicans" in the government, who I refer to as neocon statists. They are nothing more than progressives wearing a republican suit.

    If your use of the word 'progressive' is New Speak for Communist, then I agree wholeheartedly!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,982 Senior Member
    As always, choose your Slavery, America. Choose your Slavery.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Fat Boy ain't gonna make it past the primaries........I see where he is coming from and I see the opposition to the PA, as well.

    The problem with a law like the Patriot Act is that whether it stays within the boundaries of the Constitution depends on which party is in power. Conservatives are definitely more constitutionally minded So with what we have now in the White House and Oval Office, it can be brutally abused. I can see where Christie's coming from and I agree in principle, but I think the PA should be put away in the closet until the present Marxist Regime is out of office, if it ever is. But the problem here is if we lose some protections from the Radical Muslims we won't have anything to back it up, because Numbnutz will allow ISIS to come into this country with its totally inept stance on defense. The Dems are totally worthless when it comes to protecting the Citizens of this Country.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I wouldn't vote for Christie to hold the job of scooping up the animal poop behind the circus parade. He's anti-freedom and pro-big government control over every aspect of people's lives, and he's no friend of the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendments. My personal opinion of him is that he is more suited to a totalitarian government structure.

    The problem with Christi is he was born and raised in one of the most left leaning parts of this country. He is definitely more conservative than the local Dummycraps in his area, but he's still pretty damn Progressive. And yes, these days progressive is about the same thing as a commie.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    I won't vote for Christie, but not because he supports the PA, the opposition of which attracts way too many paranoids. I'm highly doubtful of Rand Paul, too.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    And yet....you would vote for him if he was the republican nominee....

    Yes I would. Now that you've made this point once again on here, tell me what you will gain by staying home or voting for no way joe! If it IS the only choice afforded me, I WILL vote for the lesser of two evils.

    Also, no one even resembling Christi will get my vote in the Primary, because in the primary here, we don't offer any republican that's even on the bus with him as being a liberal. BUT! I for one think your argument is a MOOT POINT From HELL because ain't no way that guy's getting the Republican Nomination, not with all the solid conservatives running.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    If your use of the word 'progressive' is New Speak for Communist, then I agree wholeheartedly!
    Progressives for the most part rely heavily on Marxism for their ideology, so in that vein they resemble communists. I would also say that a lot of them remind me of fascists as well, but fascism and communism are just variants of the hard-core left.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Progressives for the most part rely heavily on Marxism for their ideology, so in that vein they resemble communists. I would also say that a lot of them remind me of fascists as well, but fascism and communism are just variants of the hard-core left.

    I picked communism because the progressives want everyone equally poor and dependent on the government teat for their sustenance..........................except for the ruling elite.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I picked communism because the progressives want everyone equally poor and dependent on the government teat for their sustenance..........................except for the ruling elite.

    Yes, but they also like government-run capitalism and tight control of peoples' behavior when it comes to personal choices. I think progressives are a mixture of both.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,041 Senior Member
    This is a real campaign ad that Chris Christie ran in one of his early campaigns:

    1404985522109.cached.jpg

    Any gun owner that votes for him is selling out our side
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    This is a real campaign ad that Chris Christie ran in one of his early campaigns:

    1404985522109.cached.jpg

    Any gun owner that votes for him is selling out our side

    I agree, and I don't think there's a snow balls chance in hell Christi will be the Republican Nominee, but just suppose he would get it and running against Hillary. I admit in that case He would get my vote. Like I've said before, no way I'm letting anybody that smells like Hillary walk into the White House. However, no way Christi will get that nomination.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    Progressives for the most part rely heavily on Marxism for their ideology, so in that vein they resemble communists. I would also say that a lot of them remind me of fascists as well, but fascism and communism are just variants of the hard-core left.

    I believe you're confusing political ideology with totalitarinism. It goes across political lines and I think deserves its own political category. Right or left extremes on both ends of the spectrum. In the far right it's called fascism as opposed to conservatism, in the far left it surpasses "Progressivism" in the same way being a Conservative surpasses being liberal. Complete order on one hand to complete intolerant chaos on the other.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,826 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    As always, choose your Slavery, America. Choose your Slavery.

    The Repunklickan Establishment has no more use for a free middle-class than the Bolsheviks. Do you want to be owned in a company town or a Government Gulag?
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,324 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I agree, and I don't think there's a snow balls chance in hell Christi will be the Republican Nominee, but just suppose he would get it and running against Hillary. I admit in that case He would get my vote. Like I've said before, no way I'm letting anybody that smells like Hillary walk into the White House.

    Awww. . .this thread is so cute. All the children still optimistic enough to think that anyone who seeks that position is worthy of the job. . .

    The way the ballots ideally SHOULD be structured is to check all the boxes of people you DON'T want in office, leaving the least unpalatable option blank.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,982 Senior Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    The Repunklickan Establishment has no more use for a free middle-class than the Bolsheviks. Do you want to be owned in a company town or a Government Gulag?
    That's right. The Dems are Socialists, and the Reps are Theocrats. Choose your slavery!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I believe you're confusing political ideology with totalitarinism. It goes across political lines and I think deserves its own political category. Right or left extremes on both ends of the spectrum. In the far right it's called fascism as opposed to conservatism, in the far left it surpasses "Progressivism" in the same way being a Conservative surpasses being liberal. Complete order on one hand to complete intolerant chaos on the other.

    From Wkipedia: Fascism (/fæʃɪzəm/) is a form of reactionary authoritarian nationalism[1][2] that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. Influenced by national syndicalism, fascism originated in Italy during World War I, in opposition to liberalism, Marxism, and traditional conservatism. Fascism is often placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum, but some academics call that description inadequate.

    Glen Beck classifies fascism as "The European Right" not the American right, and is not that much different than their left, except for economic policy. I don't believe conservatism has any relation to fascism, and if you go further right than a conservative, you get to libertarian.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Anybody that would vote for Christie cannot call themselves conservative, a friend of the 2A or a supporter of liberty. What they CAN claim is being able to pick up a turd by the clean end...but they probably won't. Being 'better than Hillary' is not exactly a ringing endorsement, nor is it setting the bar very high.


    He has proven this over and over again. The only reason anybody likes Christie is because he took on unions in 'Jersey and made them take water. Past that, meh. He's more than an empty suit, but not much.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,041 Senior Member
    I actually think Christie would be worse than a Hitlary presidency. Because the republicans won't fight against their own president, and Christie will do what the democrats want.

    That's right. I said it. Hillary would be better than big'un
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Very possible. Big Chris is not the answer.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 381 Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    I actually think Christie would be worse than a Hitlary presidency. Because the republicans won't fight against their own president, and Christie will do what the democrats want.

    That's right. I said it. Hillary would be better than big'un

    Yup, you won't see John Boehner and Mitch McConnell pushing back on Chris Christie the way they are pushing back on Obama and thwarting his agenda! :rotflmao::rotflmao:
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    mohican wrote: »
    Yup, you won't see John Boehner and Mitch McConnell pushing back on Chris Christie the way they are pushing back on Obama and thwarting his agenda! :rotflmao::rotflmao:

    Hell, they'd give Christie oral sex.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

    :rotflmao:

    Chris Christie was on the beach in a speedo getting some sun. A bunch of Save the Whales people rolled him into the water. He crawled back out on the sand, and they rolled him back in again. Christie was heard to say (curse words eliminated) "Knock it off, you :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss: long haired feaks! You're washing off my :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss: suntan oil!"
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement