Home Main Category Clubhouse

Whats for dinner tonight?

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,109 Senior Member
Just got back from another day on the harbour. Had a last minute charter cancellation on Friday night ( at 9pm) so went duck hunting at short notice. (Managed to get 5 but more on that in the hunting section after the weekend) Had todays charter cancelled also at 7pm last night so went back up to chase more ducks.

Got home tonight and plucked Saturdays bag................

last20weekend20day220201520006_zpsyabesmdd.jpg

Note the lack of pellet holes ( Will post a separate topic about this)

Hmmmm, looked in the fridge to see what I could make for dinner.........Ok, we have tomatoes, lettuce, some bacon and fresh toast sliced bread..........

BLT'S.................For the Waterfowler!

Cut the breast bone out of the one breast that had a couple of holes in it, being careful to keep the skin on to hold both sides of the breast together..........Then gently pan fried it in oil and fresh ginger till it was rare.......cooked the bacon and toast and I give you................

The BLTD! ( Bacon, lettuce, tomato & duck sandwich)

last20weekend20day220201520010_zpsdkmvytz2.jpg

The duck was cooked to perfection, crispy skin, rare but cooked on the inside...........and it was juicy.

last20weekend20day220201520016_zpscil6owlj.jpg

Here is the plate after I had eaten...........

last20weekend20day220201520022_zpsh2drdsnk.jpg

That's a #3 steel shot............ One thing you learn at an early age when eating ducks you have shot is that you dont chew very hard on the first few bites of each mouthful............so I didn't damage my teeth.........:tooth:

The wine to accompany the meal was a glass of 2012 Chateau Bois Pertuis Bordeaux........actually it was more like 2 glasses as it formed the perfect accompaniment to the duck.......

I am always looking for different ways to prepare the game I hunt.........and tonights creation is going near to the top of the list. From start to finish the dinner took me 14mins from preparation to plate.

Those of you who hunt will know the enjoyment of preparing and cooking the game you have 'bagged'.............

So, what did/are you having for dinner?
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    That's good eatin!!! My kids are always amused at getting the odd piece of shot.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Daffy Duck has been consumed.

[IMG][/img]dduck_zps8bek1zzl.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    Looks delicious
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,074 Senior Member
    Looks delicious my friend, when you first said "BLT'S.................For the Waterfowler!" I erroneously assumed it was Breast, Lettuce & Tomato... I like your idea better :worthy:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    Cherry wood smoked pork ribs

IMG_4756_zpsew9kad3k.jpg

Where I live you would think I would have ducks in the freezer but I don't.
    This next season I will rectify that problem, yours looks very good.
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 838 Senior Member
    Fried flounder and potatoes with a green pawpaw salad and reed avocados.