Home Main Category General Firearms

Pistol Scope

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 10,906 Senior Member
http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-trophy-1x28-red-green-riflescope.html

The cheap holo sight on my SW 22A got messed up somewhere between its last use and Teach's last weekend, so it now resides in a Tenn. landfill.

I am thinking of replacing it with the Bushnell. Does anyone own one or maybe used one?

Better suggesrion for this fun plinker?
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I have a Bushnell on my .44 Mag 629 Classic, no problems with it. I don't remember which one, though. It is variable. Top in pic...........obviously.

Another pic of it in the recent SE Shoot pic thread and one of Teach firing it a few years ago somewhere in a thread on here.

[IMG][/img]IMG-20120811-00027.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,712 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »

The cheap holo sight on my SW 22A got messed up somewhere between its last use and Teach's last weekend, so it now resides in a Tenn. landfill.

I am thinking of replacing it with the Bushnell. Does anyone own one or maybe used one?

Just shoot like a real man and use iron sights.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    I have had a Bushnell on my 44 mag for about 25 years no problems. I put an NC star on my 22A and it has been great so far. Not bad for a $20 something pistol scope.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »

I have one of those but it only lights up red. It's older. The thing I've noticed is the small (3 MOA?) dot isn't in the same place as all the other reticles. It's a bit higher, so you shoot high. I really don't care as I just use the circle dot reticle and focus on the fine center reticle for more precise shooting. However it was giving someone I know fits ]shoot as he wanted to adjust it because he kept hitting high because he wanted to use the fine dot reticle. My suggestion that he just use the irons or focus in on the fine dot in the circle dot reticle. That was not what he wanted, but I pointed out it was my rifle that I had zeroed with my own ammo, so he couldn't adjust the reticle.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,906 Senior Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    I have had a Bushnell on my 44 mag for about 25 years no problems. I put an NC star on my 22A and it has been great so far. Not bad for a $20 something pistol scope.

I purchased the gun on the way home from the 2014 SE Shoot and had a cheap NC Star in my cliff dwelling (loft) shot it with that until it broke on the way to the 2015 Shoot. Looking for an upgrade without breaking the gunfund bank.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I have one of those but it only lights up red. It's older. The thing I've noticed is the small (3 MOA?) dot isn't in the same place as all the other reticles. It's a bit higher, so you shoot high. I really don't care as I just use the circle dot reticle and focus on the fine center reticle for more precise shooting. However it was giving someone I know fits ]shoot as he wanted to adjust it because he kept hitting high because he wanted to use the fine dot reticle. My suggestion that he just use the irons or focus in on the fine dot in the circle dot reticle. That was not what he wanted, but I pointed out it was my rifle that I had zeroed with my own ammo, so he couldn't adjust the reticle.

Dang, the nerve......... you don't want folks screwing with yer settings :roll2::roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,149 Senior Member
    I have a bushnell pistol scope on my 454 casual. Works well. not as clear as a Leopold, but it works pretty darn well
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Shooter13Shooter13 Member Posts: 125 Member
    A friend of mine has that one and really likes it on his AR22. I'd also consider the Bushnell TRs-25 http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-1x25-trophy-series-riflescope-trs-25-red-dot-731303.html
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,149 Senior Member
    Shooter13 wrote: »
    A friend of mine has that one and really likes it on his AR22. I'd also consider the Bushnell TRs-25 http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-1x25-trophy-series-riflescope-trs-25-red-dot-731303.html

I have that on my Saiga 12. It is a darn good deal on a good red-dot
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 1,004 Senior Member
    I have a number of high end reflex sights and one red dot. All my 22s have Bushnell First Strike reflex sights on them without ANY problems. They always put on sale for around $90 to $100. You'll like.

“When guns are outlawed, only patriots will have guns.”
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,906 Senior Member
    wizard78 wrote: »
    I have a number of high end reflex sights and one red dot. All my 22s have Bushnell First Strike reflex sights on them without ANY problems. They always put on sale for around $90 to $100. You'll like.

Thank You
    I believe the first strike may just be the one
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,690 Senior Member
    Have you checked in opticsplanet.com? At least the customers' reviews have worked for me as a good reference most of the times I've been looking for an optic-related product that I didn't knew squat about and much less had the chance to test before buying (Worked for the spotting scope I bought last time over there)