Nevada jury finds man not guilty in killing of unarmed trespasser

2»

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    And the ones not on drugs think they are entitled to the property, and are prepared to fight for it. You just stated you knew better. I bet you had a good idea what would happen if you were caught and expected it to happen, you just thought you were invulnerable. Society teaches that you are not responsible for your actions and you are entitled to whatever you want.

It was so much better before it was edited. Never considered myself entitled to anything. All we did was explore abandoned properties no vandalism just curious. To say I thought I was invulnerable is plain silly learned at a young age that's just not true. The mindset of not being responsible for ones actions and entitlement may be quite prevalent today but I assure you in the 60s and 70s this was not so. As to the SYG I like it wish we had it out here but pigs will fly before that happens. All I'm saying is it does open the door for unintended consequences but in today's pitiful society It's a necessity.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,552 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    It was so much better before it was edited. Never considered myself entitled to anything. All we did was explore abandoned properties no vandalism just curious. To say I thought I was invulnerable is plain silly learned at a young age that's just not true. The mindset of not being responsible for ones actions and entitlement may be quite prevalent today but I assure you in the 60s and 70s this was not so. As to the SYG I like it wish we had it out here but pigs will fly before that happens. All I'm saying is it does open the door for unintended consequences but in today's pitiful society It's a necessity.

First, the script is exactly the way it was written, the edit was to add the quote from the entitled people.

Second, you made the point. In the 60's and 70's you went into a building, drank, got fireworks, KNOWING that if you were caught things would go badly for you. You KNEW and accepted that it wasn't yours, and you did no damage. You thought you wouldn't get caught like the rest of us did when we were kids, thus, invulnerable.
    This story is NOTHING like your scenario. Two meth heads are using the property to commit illegal acts and have been doing it on a regular basis thinking they have the run of the place. It isnt 2 13 y/o boys climbing in a second story window of a abandoned house to look around or draining your dads whiskey bottle to get tuned up in the barn.

IMHO, it closes a door that has been open for way to long. If two drunks took up squatting in a apartment in the 60's or 70's, they would be tossed out on their heads. If they acted in any way belligerent, they would have gotten whooped. Then the cop would have told the drunks that they would pay restitution to the owner or they would go to jail. Now, the law treats squatters like the property owner and the real owner is out of luck .
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    I'm looking at in general it opens the door to kill someone because your angry and you can.

The same reasoning is used by all those Anti gun folks, only they add the opinion; nobody should be able to own or carry a gun..... that is one slippery slope to start walking down.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996