Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Only in Texas!

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
Texans are a proud bunch and I have a respect for 'em! This him has his right to do something and stands by it ... I'll give him the Odumba thing but maybe a little overboard on religion ... I guess ... What say you others?
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    we_reserve_the_right_sign.jpg

It's his business so he should have that right. But he's gonna need a bigger hat to cover him from the defecation storm that will probably turn up.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Evidently he might not be able to refuse people service based on religious grounds, otherwise Texas will pull his certification.

I just wonder if he actually mans it, or if he's doing it to garner media attention and free advertising?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    There's another post on this somewhere down the page. But yes, I guess he may have gone a little full tilt Bozo, but I don't blame him for a second. I don't think I would ban a liberal who voted for Obama, because any liberal who wants a carry permit, I will be happy to help. That might mean he's/she's not so radical. As for Muslims, I don't think I would ban them outright, but i'd keep an eye on em. Don't need anybody shooting up the class.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hmmmm- - - - -how about teaching 'em to fly jetliners? Nothing could possibly go wrong with that, right?
    Jerry
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    It's foolish of him, but he's well within his rights. He's the kind of guy that gives us all a bad name, especially to those fence-sitter liberals who might be swayed to go try shooting a gun (but won't if they hear that commercial). With that said, he can say whatever he wants, just like I can.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I have no issues with it. And if he said that he would refuse to teach people of the Christian faith that voted republican I would have no issue with it.
    :that:
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Obviously, fitting the stereotype for a Texan is a big thing to him, and while it seems a bit ridiculous to people who didn't grow up around folks like that, it doesn't bother me a bit. Most of them are actually sane, and usually very nice folks, to boot. As for refusing to do business with someone, for whatever reason, or no reason at all...that is a right that is mostly still allowed in Texas, thank goodness.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Hmmmm- - - - -how about teaching 'em to fly jetliners? Nothing could possibly go wrong with that, right?
    Jerry

... Looks like we already have Teach, or least some of the basics anyway...We all remember Sept.11,2001. Heres some more news too, on the same subject, Before Sept. 11, 2001, I was still Teaching Aviation Mechanics at an Aviation School in Co. We were seeing an increase in Muslim students, from just about every corner of the Globe. The school did not refuse them. As a matter of fact during the years of 1987 through 1992 the school actually had contracts with Saudi-Arabia Airlines, to train these folks for Aviation Maintenance... Imagine that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! huh????????????? Even after Sept., 11, 2001 we still had quite a few Muslims enrolled in the Aviation Maintenance school... The school was issued what they (CIA,HLS FBI) called a "Enroll student hot sheet"... This sheet had names on it and if anyone on this sheet tried to enroll in the school, the " POWERS TO BE" were supposed to alert the CIA, HLS,FBI....But since most private and semi-private schools are operatered and managed like a business, and are out for profit, I doubt the Powers to Be ever once looked or checked that "HOT LIST". PS. The school was for years and years known as Colorado Aero Tech. then it became Westwood College of Aviation Technology, and now it known as Redstone college.... I resigned from there in Dec. 2005. The FAA has some of the strangest rules, you don't have to be a US citizen to obtain an FAA A & P ( Airframe and Powerplant) certificate. Just have to be 18yrs or older, Heck one can even have a list of federal crimes, and as long as its been over 1 complete year as of final conviction one can enroll in the A & P schools of America, take the written test upon graduation, pass the writtens, schedule and O & P ( oral and practical exam) with a DME, ( Designated Mechanics Examiner) pass and recieve your own FAA A & P certificate... I used to be a DME. I was for 15yrs. Not now.

The question becomes how many of these Muslim trained Aviation Mechanics are out there employed by both General Aviation FBO's, and Commmerical airline companies, like United, Delta, American, KLM, etc. just waiting for 'Sleeper Cell instructions' to cause sabotage on an Engine, or some other critical system, that could bring an Airliner down? Something to think about anyway, and although it has not happened as of yet, doesn't mean it won't. But like you said Teach:
    Nothing could possibly go wrong with that, right?
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Look in any bar and one might see the same sign: We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Whats the difference? Nothing as far as I am concerned. and on another note there is no difference in what this guy is doing, than what Ivory League colleges have been doing... Colleges like Princeton, Harvard, MIT,, they won't let smucks like me and you in...... they never have and they never will, simply because our last name ain't Kennedy, or Bush, or Clinton or Einstien, or what have ya.... I always thought private business's could serve and service anyone they wanted too, isn't this Capitalism?
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 838 Senior Member
    I dislike anything that singles out a persons ethnicity, voting preferences or creed for discrimnatory purposes. Am I any of the things he does not wish to have present in his class? no, would I take his class? no, I don't want to be taught by someone who looks like and behaves like Yosemite Sam, but he is more than entitled to refuse service to anyone, just as I am entitled to walk on down the street to another service provider of my choice, so this is nonissue.