Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Is anybody listening to Donald Trump?

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,429 Senior Member
He just officially threw his hat in the ring. He's solid 2A, I didn't realize that. He's a bit arrogant, yeah I know, understatement, but I do love what he's saying! What are your thoughts???
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
«13

Replies

  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 381 Member
    He's for Donald. Not that there is a whole lot of altruism in DC, but I don't want to hear a president refer to himself in third person. Beyond that, he understands finances but does he understand industry/manufacturing? not that makes someone a good president but fixing economy would truly mean bringing back manufacturing which drove "the middle class". I don't know how many pols realize that.....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    And he said he fully supports the 2A. Make America strong again, find another Patton or MacArthur to run our military.

    Said we should have kept the oil in Iraq when we invaded, I think he will have to say made/kept it secure.

    He would build a wall to keep out illegals and do it cheaper, make Ford pay tariffs to bring in cars/parts for building a plant in Mexico and not here in the USA.

    He was all over the place in his speech, but has some very good idys.

    I think he is making them all squirm a little. Who knows what will come of his announcement, but he does have business sense.

    I am glad to see this, maybe if nothing else this will light a fire under the Rep party's butts to do something/get something done.

    He is getting a lot of ridicule from pundits already, but we have tried almost everything else so why not a businessman instead of a career politician this time around?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Not many do realize that, look at the UK, killing off the civilian gun industry hurt lots of people! did their politicians care ? nope.
    Politicians don't care how many jobs are lost due to stupid laws, the firearms industry in the US is a huge industry that employs lots of folks as well as other businesses, we have to make sure the politicians we vote in understand that.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    what you say is OK on paper but not OK in the real world, you don't need a businessman as president, you need someone that understands the importance of businesses, a president with a Military background is a plus, someone with an understanding of the importance of a strong Military, someone that understands the need for a strong citizen army ready to step into the breach at a moments notice, citizens armed for a ready defence......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 381 Member
    Whenever someone advances a Trump or a Romney for the Republican masses to drool over I think of someone that was a self made gazillionaire, business man, industrialist, always the smartest man in the room, smarter than Trump or Romney, as far as pure brains among the smartest of U.S. Presidents. But as smart as he was, Herbert Hoover couldn't manage a whole nations economy......and all his measures led to "death do us part" with FDR.....
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,966 Senior Member
    So he says----this little old lady from NY that did not like guns called me this AM and said that since the escape in NY we bought a gun for every table in the house.

    I mean he is caught lying during his announcement speech.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Mods please merge this thread with the other one on The Donald...............I didn't see this one before I posted mine..... thanx.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I think he got his facts confused on NY and how long it takes to buy a gun.

    I don't think he intentionally lied. He needs a good speech writer who can put his idys down in a coherent manner.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    That makes 12 so far officially running as Republicans for Prez...............maybe a real winner will emerge from the lot!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    mohican wrote: »
    Whenever someone advances a Trump or a Romney for the Republican masses to drool over I think of someone that was a self made gazillionaire, business man, industrialist, always the smartest man in the room, smarter than Trump or Romney, as far as pure brains among the smartest of U.S. Presidents. But as smart as he was, Herbert Hoover couldn't manage a whole nations economy......and all his measures led to "death do us part" with FDR.....

    Me thinks ye be overthunking this!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    He was right about the ACA/Obammy Care the full impact of that disaster will not be felt until numb-nuts is outta office and it needs to be fixed and replaced with a sensible medical plan for all Americans.

    He was right about keeping SS/Medicare/Caid too and it can be done if we get smart about it.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    He was right about the ACA/Obammy Care the full impact of that disaster will not be felt until numb-nuts is outta office and it needs to be fixed and replaced with a sensible medical plan for all Americans.

    He was right about keeping SS/Medicare/Caid too and it can be done if we get smart about it.

    Yes I loved most of what he said. Of course talk's cheap, but he seems to get things done that he says he's going to do.

    One thing, he is NO POLITICIAN!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    One thing, when a country goes bottom up, the richest fall the hardest. I think this is very personal with him. He doesn't want to lose everything he's worked his life for. Yeah his dad was rich, but he's built on it. He is one of the wealthiest and he knows what's at stake.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    If he brings the RINOs to the middle I'm all for Him staying in...
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Mods please merge this thread with the other one on The Donald...............I didn't see this one before I posted mine..... thanx.

    Yes, I agree, I didn't know which one of us was first and I don't care, as long as we get the info out to the forum. I will say I love what Trump is saying and I loved what Jeb was saying yesterday. But I think it's because we're all so starved to hear any positive message. And both these guys are capable of doing most of what they say. My real thing is who can get elected? I don't care if his name's Donald, Jeb, Ted, Rand, Scott, Ben, i don't care as long as one of them gets elected and will restore us to greatness.Edited to Add: with our constitution in tact.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Trump will be mocked as a buffoon by the media while they fawn over HRH Hillary, Fauxcahontas and a socialist.
    IMHO, Obama has so lowered the bar, a withered turnip could do a better job.
    The clock is ticking so all the alphabet soup bureaucracies are trying to ram through every over reaching progressive wet dream, nanny state regulation they can. From green tips to Transfats.
    Think about all those agencies, including the DOJ are infested with radical leftists. A complete house cleaning needs to be job one for the next POTUS. Day one. And the Donald has practice saying, "You're fired!" I'LL GIVE HIM THAT MUCH.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,621 Senior Member
    I could certainly get behind the Trumpmeister. He has zero chance of getting elected - the GOP will crucify him like they did Hermann Cain.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    He says he will build the border wall. I wonder if every mile or so it will have big gold lettering saying TRUMP WALL
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    He says he will build the border wall. I wonder if every mile or so it will have big gold lettering saying TRUMP WALL

    Don't need no stinkin' wall. Need a 1 mile wide minefield. That would shut down the illegal crossings pretty fast.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    He says he will build the border wall. I wonder if every mile or so it will have big gold lettering saying TRUMP WALL

    Not only did he say he would build a wall, but make Mexico pay for it!

    And he was spot on saying the majority of those sneaking across are undesirables like rapist/drug dealers and overburden our system when they get here. Sure he said some are just hard working folks looking for a better life. I'll bet the leftest went berserk over that remark!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Not only did he say he would build a wall, but make Mexico pay for it!

    And he was spot on saying the majority of those sneaking across are undesirables like rapist/drug dealers and overburden our system when they get here. Sure he said some are just hard working folks looking for a better life. I'll bet the leftest went berserk over that remark!

    All I know is everything he said was spot on. Of course it doesn't take a political scientist to be able to say all that, but at least he has the balls to do it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    All I know is everything he said was spot on. Of course it doesn't take a political scientist to be able to say all that, but at least he has the balls to do it.

    :win::win::win::win::win::win:

    Dang, you shook the .270 cobwebs outta yer noggin and said something really spot on snake :whip2: :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    what you say is OK on paper but not OK in the real world, you don't need a businessman as president, you need someone that understands the importance of businesses, a president with a Military background is a plus, someone with an understanding of the importance of a strong Military, someone that understands the need for a strong citizen army ready to step into the breach at a moments notice, citizens armed for a ready defence......

    While it would be nice to have a POTUS who served we only need one who will retain and listen to military leaders who know what and how to get things done. While Reagan was not the smartest POTUS we've had he was smart enough to have some damn smart people in his cabinet ... not ones he "owed".
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    :win::win::win::win::win::win:

    Dang, you shook the .270 cobwebs outta yer noggin and said something really spot on snake :whip2: :tooth:

    Oh it was nothing. You wait until you hear my latest oration on the .270!

    :tooth::tooth::tooth:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Trump will be mocked as a buffoon by thary, Fauxcahontas and a socialist.e media while they fawn over HRH Hill
    IMHO, Obama has so lowered the bar, a withered turnip could do a better job.
    The clock is ticking so all the alphabet soup bureaucracies are trying to ram through every over reaching progressive wet dream, nanny state regulation they can. From green tips to Transfats.
    Think about all those agencies, including the DOJ are infested with radical leftists. A complete house cleaning needs to be job one for the next POTUS. Day one. And the Donald has practice saying, "You're fired!" I'LL GIVE HIM THAT MUCH.

    They already do and he already is. But maybe enough people will look past the medias usual crap and make up their own minds....... er no, that probably ain't happenin'.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Trump is a jerk regardless of his 2A stance. I've really got no idea why he's running but I wish him well, in that it's his money to play with.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,621 Senior Member
    It goes to show how low American politics have sunk when a jerk is a refreshing change from the usual!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,090 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    He is getting a lot of ridicule from pundits already, but we have tried almost everything else so why not a businessman instead of a career politician this time around?

    :that::agree:
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

    Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,646 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    what you say is OK on paper but not OK in the real world, you don't need a businessman as president,

    I don't have problem one with a successful businessman as POTUS...at least the man can think on his feet, and is smart enough to surround himself with the best in the business....whatever that business is....it would be a breath of fresh air, compared to the current occupant of the White House who has difficulty finding his ass with both hands and believes in the concept of promoting the incompetent...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    It goes to show how low American politics have sunk when a jerk is a refreshing change from the usual!

    Teh Messiah (Zero) has given us great insights into who qualifies
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement