RugerFanRugerFan Senior MemberPosts: 2,292 Senior Member
but pricey. Shoots .45 Colt, .460 S&W and .454 Casull in the same gun

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/first-look/first-look-big-horn-armory-model-90/

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    That's sexy, but not 2K plus sexy.

This.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Is it "big sexy" ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • topguntopgun Member Posts: 128 Member
    My thoughts are:
    - It looks nice.
    - It's made in the good old USA.
    - The chambering's are unique.
    - It would make a fairly nice saddle gun I suppose.
    - It seems that at almost eight and a half pounds it's about two more pounds than I would wish to carry around.
    - Bullet capacity not enough for my liking.
    - I can't afford it.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,706 Senior Member
    I like it and if I were younger I'd buy one; do not have a need for it now.

I like the idea of a recoil pad and the 8+ lbs weight.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    Looks like the action is a copy of the 1886 Winchester, designed for such rounds as the .45-70, .33 Win. and other big bores. Evolved into the M71 in .348. Should be a fun thumper!!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    Neat guns, I shot a prototype for the mod 89 at a LGS when the owner was on the road selling them several years back. The only issue I have heard is he factory is slow in shopping paid for guns.....up to a year.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,689 Senior Member
    Don't like pistol-grip stocks for a lever gun, nor such "modern" sights. Caliber choices are interesting though.....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Fer $3700 I could buy a lot of guns. Cool enough if you got the extra Jack to spend on one. Begs the question why not just get a used 30-30/.35 Rem or even 45-70 if you want a lever thumper and use the left over for a revolver?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    I will say that it is chambered in a legal caliber to hunt deer in Michigan's "shotgun" zone. And it looks like a nice rifle. It just costs quite a bit. Ballistically and ammo capacity-- you can get the same results on the high end with a .450 Marlin or a 45/70. Actually, you can download those and get the lower end results as well.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Fer $3700 I could buy a lot of guns. Cool enough if you got the extra Jack to spend on one. Begs the question why not just get a used 30-30/.35 Rem or even 45-70 if you want a lever thumper and use the left over for a revolver?

Mostly because you can shoot relatively mild ( in a rifle ) .45 Colt loads, beefier .454 Casull loads or tyrannosaur killer full power .460 S&W magnum loads from the same gun.
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

Hell for that price I could buy three nice guns. I could buy a new 94 Win., a Model 70 SPS, and a nice hand gun for $3000.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Antonio wrote: »
    Don't like pistol-grip stocks for a lever gun, nor such "modern" sights. Caliber choices are interesting though.....

:that:

The only pistol grip lever guns I like are the Winchester Model 88 and the greatest, finest lever gun ever made, the Savage Model 99. The rest just look strange. I don't like most Marlins for that reason, otherwise they're fine guns. The old Winchester Model 94 Saddle Gun and the Model 92 Win. set the precedence for me on that. They're smooth and sexy.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Mike WeberMike Weber Member Posts: 91 Member
    Looks like the action is a copy of the 1886 Winchester, designed for such rounds as the .45-70, .33 Win. and other big bores. Evolved into the M71 in .348. Should be a fun thumper!!
    I was going to say the same but, BigAl beat me to it. $2000 for an American made levergun is a bit steep. Those Italian made Winchester clones have gone up in price in recent years too.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    Siiiiiiigh. . .six words. . .

"Build a pump action, you ****":bang:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee