Home Main Category Clubhouse

Update on the wife's knee...

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,947 Senior Member
As some of you saw in my PD thread, wife fell & injured one of her artificial knees (left) last night when the other leg went through a piece of rotted floor in her late parents' house.

She called a few minutes ago after leaving the ortho's office, no damage to the implants, just some minor soft tissue damage. So nothing needs repairing, she just has to deal with some soreness and swelling for a while.
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Great news.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,637 Senior Member
    Good to hear.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,947 Senior Member
    Thanks BC & Earl, I was worried she'd damaged something and was going to have to go through another replacement surgery.
    Since she said she's pretty got everything done for the week, she's headed back to work to 1) save her EV & 2) get her regular pay and a little OT for the week ( :tooth: $$$)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Thanks BC & Earl, I was worried she'd damaged something and was going to have to go through another replacement surgery.
    Since she said she's pretty got everything done for the week, she's headed back to work to 1) save her EV & 2) get her regular pay and a little OT for the week ( :tooth: $$$)

Honey, want me to bring your lunch to you at work or cook supper and BTW I need a different CCW or, at least, a couple more boxes of SD ammo?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,574 Senior Member
    Glad to hear that the Mrs. is ok, with no long term effects expected.

Bad Guy chased away
    No shots fired
    Mrs. is OK.

Win Win Win
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Glad to hear that the Mrs. is ok, with no long term effects expected.

Bad Guy chased away
    No shots fired
    Mrs. is OK.

Win Win Win
    Thanks Ron, and yes win-win-win is correct :angel:

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,890 Senior Member
    Good to hear! On all accounts
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • pardogpardog Member Posts: 423 Member
    Glad to hear she is OK!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Reworking an artificial knee is definitely no fun- - - -Mary had that done some time ago and it involved all sorts of interesting side effects. Good to hear that won't be necessary!
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Really glad to hear she didn't do any permanent damage to the knee! :up:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    :applause:
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,923 Senior Member
    Thanks everyone :beer:

• avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    :up::up:
    NRA Benefactor Member
    tyvm

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,511 Senior Member
    Good news!...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Yessir it is, TY :beer:

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Good news indeed..
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Great to hear that the damage was limited to soft tissue. All things considered, that really is a great outcome.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Thanks guys :beer:
    She survived the 2 hour car ride, each way, to visit youngest & his family (wife + the 4 youngest grandkids) today, spent the day carrying the 15 week old, and playing with the older 3, then the 2 hour trip home without any issues.

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,676 Senior Member
    Good news!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Hopefully the pain & swelling subsides soon, my right knee is still a bit sore, I am happy that fall did not cause lots of damage either......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Good news, glad she's ok!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    :cool2:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Yay! But ligaments are soft tissue. No tears? Tears yes she hurt herself, but no tears? I have this love hate relationship with the English language.
    Dr. db wrote: »
    Yay! But ligaments are soft tissue. No tears? Tears yes she hurt herself, but no tears? I have this love hate relationship with the English language.
    Actually there were no tears (teers) or tears (tares)

BTW...I think SHE deserves the prize. Provided needed back up with the AR, injured in he act and still handling her responsibilities at work. That's a woman of character right here!
    Oh trust me, she's NOT a woman to get crossways of :love:

How is that knee doing ? I hope it is healing nicely, those hyperextension injuries are quite painful, feeling better then worse then better until it gets as good as it is going to get....
    Prayers continuing for a completely painless healing process.
    :angel2:

With the recent injury to my right knee, I have found that while walking, it is important to be careful, not to take large steps as this puts more stress and strain on the joint slowing the healing process and increasing pain not to mention the added potential for additional injuries.
    Careful slow walking is helping me heal, avoiding sudden bumps and slips and stepping off curbs unexpectedly should be avoided.
    Still improving, thanks