Oh for the love of Monkeys!

Elk creekElk creek Senior MemberPosts: 5,732 Senior Member
After getting back from seeing my folks in Montana I slid into my LGS today, the manager told me to go look in the corner (where they put new incoming trades). Holy clams! An as new Marlin 94 cowboy limited 20" octagon barreled 44 mag, perfect condition!!!! And it literally has my name on the tag, the manager wrote it on there, knowing I love these kinda rifles. The price tag is a bit stiff at 650, but find another one right? I gotta do some creative stuff here.
Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
«1

Replies

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/906761458/On-Sale-Marlin-1894-44-Mag.htm

    In Texas, but NIB. Of course you can use layaway at your LGS right and maybe haggle on the price some?

    I think one would be fun.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    Trade, layaway, haggle or cash or all the above. But it has an octagon barrel!
    Just like this one....

    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=486493960
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Octagon bbl looks cool and the wood looks mo better, not like stamped plastic like the other one.

    Well, when do you bring her home?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    Like I said I gotta do something creative to swing this....soon.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Like I said I gotta do something creative to swing this....soon.

    Ain't that the way it seems to work sometimes, a gun you would die for comes along at the absolute worst time and when you are flush you can't find one.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    Yea, I'm staring down the barrel of a surgery to pay for right now....at least the co-pay and what ever else they throw in. Time to trade off the chaff.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    After getting back from seeing my folks in Montana I slid into my LGS today, the manager told me to go look in the corner (where they put new incoming trades). Holy clams! An as new Marlin 94 cowboy limited 20" octagon barreled 44 mag, perfect condition!!!! And it literally has my name on the tag, the manager wrote it on there, knowing I love these kinda rifles. The price tag is a bit stiff at 650, but find another one right? I gotta do some creative stuff here.


    ......Git it now Buy it.......Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    I will, I will just need a few days to get things rigged around.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,256 Senior Member
    Which shop did you say this was at:tooth:

    Sako
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    Um. Let me think here.........its in Greeley? Yea, Greeley. Right next to the Mexican restaurant.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Yea, I'm staring down the barrel of a surgery to pay for right now....at least the co-pay and what ever else they throw in. Time to trade off the chaff.

    Maybe you could sell a Kidney while they're in there.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,934 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    After getting back from seeing my folks in Montana I slid into my LGS today, the manager told me to go look in the corner (where they put new incoming trades). Holy clams! An as new Marlin 94 cowboy limited 20" octagon barreled 44 mag, perfect condition!!!! And it literally has my name on the tag, the manager wrote it on there, knowing I love these kinda rifles. The price tag is a bit stiff at 650, but find another one right? I gotta do some creative stuff here.

    Grab it up!...those Cowboy Models don't show up often....Break open a piggy bank if you have to...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,256 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Um. Let me think here.........its in Greeley? Yea, Greeley. Right next to the Mexican restaurant.

    Hey, wait a minute, there is no gun shop next to the Mexican restaurant:cuss: I get the feeling you don't trust me:devil:

    Sako
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,689 Senior Member
    I have one in .45 colt, one of my favorite rifles.

    Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    Don't worry fellers this one ain't slipping away......
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,507 Senior Member
    That's gonna be the perfect deer rifle, when you move! Nice find!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    jbohio wrote: »
    That's gonna be the perfect deer rifle, when you move! Nice find!
    Right there! That is exactly what I'm thinking!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • toymachinetoymachine Senior Member Posts: 761 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Ain't that the way it seems to work sometimes, a gun you would die for comes along at the absolute worst time and when you are flush you can't find one.

    Been eyeballing a couple heavy duty work tables in the red-tag area at work for a few months, now I'm gonna move in a couple weeks and they decide to auction them off. So I've got some danged heavy tables in the back of my pickup, waiting to get unloaded into my new garage. Fortunately I also have a Honda for a daily driver.

    When the right deal comes along, sometimes you just gotta make it work.
    "Is 'milk bottle' literally a racist term?"
    "It is now." - Jack Fraggs
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    Gotta get that one. No question. Make it happen!
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    STOP THINKING AND BUY THAT RIFLE!!!!!! :devil:
    Who's thinking?



    I couldn't be more thrilled with a rifle! Awesome little Marlin!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    Oh yea!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Very much suck.

    I do believe you could suck start a Harley right now.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,934 Senior Member
    Nice grab!....now...just get rid of that dumb ass safety and think about installing a crescent butt plate....oh...and a Lyman #2 tang sight....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,713 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Nice grab!....now...just get rid of that dumb ass safety and think about installing a crescent butt plate....oh...and a Lyman #2 tang sight....


    ........or you could go full **** and 'Tacticalise' it...............

    http://www.grizzlycustom.com/custom_lever_action_rifle_tactical.html

    Every time one of you guys posts up a lever action , I feel like I should go buy my first cos obviously my collection is lacking.............

    Nice score btw.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Nice find. Range report soon, OK?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Nice find. Range report soon, OK?
    Jeez....Go buy it now, go shoot it now. You guys are pushy.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,934 Senior Member
    :yousuck:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Quit talking. Start shooting.
    Not sure the neighbors would like that......awe screw em.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,934 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    ........or you could go full **** and 'Tacticalise' it...............

    anim_nutkick-1.gif
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    That craptical rifle is a crime against nature! And what is with the cheese grater fore arm?
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.