Home Main Category Clubhouse

Cell phone question...

DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior MemberPosts: 9,496 Senior Member
A friend gave me a TracPhone with 10 minutes on it, I figure for emergencies, it will also help me find my primary phone if it falls in a crack etc, I can ring it up and locate it, right? And not use those minutes until December when I have to purchase a minimum of minutes to keep the phone working.

Now this phone is a LG basic flip phone, yesterday it pocket dials my regular phone !
Now how is that even possible to pocket dial a flip phone,
Tell me, how how how ????? And to make it worse, those calls somehow eat minutes even if I do not answer the TracPhone..... Grrrrr
"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,862 Senior Member
    If it has now about 8 min left, I'd put it on a shelf or like spot where it can't turn on or just use it up and be done with it.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    The only setting I found was the answer call by opening the phone, changed it to press send button, can't figure out how it is pocket dialing however...... Or how to stop it...
    It is an LG440G, if anyone can help me....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,379 Senior Member
    Why not just charge it and then turn it off until needed?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,862 Senior Member
    How did id get you other number
    that was the first malfunction.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Solved it, put it on Airline mode, so when I need it, it is ready to go...