Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

GAY ruling helps 2A IN ALL FIFTY STATES!

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,236 Senior Member
I love this outcome of yesterdays Marriage decision by SCOTUS.........

:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:
http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/yeehaw-this-side-effect-of-the-gay-marriage-ruling-will-make-liberals-explode/

Replies

• Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    With recent Democrat inroads and 3 potential SCOTUS pics over next 5 years I give the Second Amendment/RTKBA the same amount of time for survival until a serious challenge by far left & left finally topples it .
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    With recent Democrat inroads and 3 potential SCOTUS pics over next 5 years I give the Second Amendment/RTKBA the same amount of time for survival until a serious challenge by far left & left finally topples it .

Almost impossible for the 2A to be discontinued, as removing it would take a constitutional repeal, passed by 3/4 of the states and 2/3 of both Senate and House, as I seem to remember.

But inroads on the 2A are constant. Thankfully the Heller decision came when it needed to. And Scotus is extremely unlikely to reverse a prior decision unless there are strong constitutional grounds for such, like when they reversed the "separate but equal" clause for schools (Brown vs Board of Education).
    4 + Democrat SCOTUS Picks in next 7 years could do the trick
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,161 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Almost impossible for the 2A to be discontinued, as removing it would take a constitutional repeal, passed by 3/4 of the states and 2/3 of both Senate and House, as I seem to remember.
    Why? When you can take the court and have it read a "YES" that is written into a law as "NO" just for the heck of it, what makes you think it would take a legal method?
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,996 Senior Member
    pjames777 wrote: »
    I love this outcome of yesterdays Marriage decision by SCOTUS.........

:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:
    http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/yeehaw-this-side-effect-of-the-gay-marriage-ruling-will-make-liberals-explode/

Good article, and I've felt for years that the LGBT and gun rights groups were essentially looking for the same thing - to be left alone to live their lives in security.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    I've felt for years that the Far Left & Left & Democrats were VERY uncomfortable with 2A/RTKBA ...
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,996 Senior Member
    I've felt for years that the Far Left & Left & Democrats were VERY uncomfortable with 2A/RTKBA ...

Well, perhaps outside of the Pink Pistols. . .:jester:

WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Well, perhaps outside of the Pink Pistols. . .:jester:
    There are far fewer Pink Pistols Members than there are Vintage BSA Motorbike owners in America so I would not consider either a Voting Bloc to pander too...